Good Eagle library with common SMT components

Started by acehobojoe, June 09, 2015, 03:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acehobojoe

I'm sure the default ones have it in there, just not sure which ones to use :)

alanp

rcl.lib has the passives in there, you'll need to comb the transistor* libraries for the semiconductors, along with whichever has the opamps.

Occasionally you'll have to create a part, using the reg-whatever-it-is library for the footprint. There is a vast quantity of parts, and Eagle doesn't have all of them.

acehobojoe

where do I start??? how do I decide what to use? .. I'm looking online, how do I know what component to use.. with through hole it's as simple as 1/4 watt resistor, 63v cap and bam. .. but this .. . .

armdnrdy

Look at the data sheets.

That is what they are there for.

It would be helpful to scour a large distributors site (Mouser, Digikey) to see what is readily accessable, then...see if the parts house you use stocks these components.

When you use the distributors search engine, you can select the parameters that you need. (package size, wattage, resistance, capacitance, etc.)
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

acehobojoe

I also need to start with a fairly easy package size.

armdnrdy

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

acehobojoe

armdnrdy

garcho

Learn some electro math, and read those datasheets. Never worry again.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"