have you ever been to...electric ladyland screw-up?

Started by Philippe, June 13, 2015, 03:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

*man, talk about idiots...myself* I had some spare parts lying around & offered to build an a-b switchbox for an acquaintance. after soldering & slapping this thing together...which is about the equivalent of a 7th grade shop project, the switchbox worked but the LEDs wouldn't shut off. checked everything with the trusty dvm & couldn't find any wiring screw-ups. even the old switchcraft 12B was wired properly. *duh* somewhat perplexed (to the point of having another beer & polishing off a roach), I changed the 9v battery & the box worked fine. turns out, the initial battery had some scratches on its case & was completing the LED circuitry regardless of the input jack wiring. guess there's a first time for everything. moral of the story...don't perform an autopsy if the patient is still breathing!

italianguy63

You missed my story last week-- I built a pedal and it worked in bypass mode but not while powered.  I disassembled, and audio injected/probed signal though it; all the way through the signal to the output.  Figured out I had the "gain" knob on zero.  About 2 hours of my life I want back!!   :icon_redface:

MC
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

tommycataus

All good guys. I spent about as long on debugging a BMP clone a while back... Forgot to socket the transistors! Sometimes the simple things can be overlooked.
"Remember, there's a big difference between kneeling down and bending over." - FZ