Replacement options for Ibanez DE7 3 way sliding switch?

Started by Rylan, June 13, 2015, 08:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rylan

Does anyone know of a suitable replacement switch for the "range" switch of an Ibanez DE7?
I'm working on one right now and I've come up empty handed finding a replacement switch without modifying the board.

The switch is 2p3t with 10 pins, and about 14mm wide.
Pins 1 and 5 connect to the same plane, as do pins 6 and 10.
The two sliding switch contacts move in tandem.
Contact 1 connects pins 1&5 to either 2, 3 or 4.
Contact 2 connects pins 6&10 to either 9, 8 or 7.
When 1&5 are connected to 2, 6&10 are connected to 9.
1&5 to 3 means 6&10 to 8.
1&5 to 4 connects 6&10 to 7.
Here is the layout:

If anyone knows a part number or can provide any useful information on locating a replacement switch I would be very pleased and appreciative. I'm starting to think about cutting traces on the board and remapping them to use another switch if I can't find one of these.

Thanks!

PRR

The action you describe is a basic 2P3T.

You don't say what is wrong with the slider-switch, or what type switch you prefer.

The cheapest 2P3T (after the slide) is the rotary. These are available for a buck in the dark alleys of the internet, a few bucks from reputable vendors.

In fact a 2P3T is so cheap, and the basic design suggests a 4P3T, that you may "have" to buy a 4P3T and ignore the extra poles.

Below is a 2P3T rotary from an eBay offer. Note that the backplate is punched for 4P3T but this one omitted two poles.

Below that is my scribbled-up guide for converting slide-switch pinout to rotary switch pinout.

• SUPPORTER

Rylan

Hey PBR, thanks for the reply as always (you once gave me some good info over at prodigypro as well).

Yeah it's sort of a typical 2p3t except for the 10 pins.

I already have some 2p3t slide switches like the following photo, the problem is they won't match the pinout and they're pcb mounted, and the 3rd switch position pins go to where the common connections should be. I can cut traces and remap but I was trying to find a pin for pin replacement if possible.

Here are the switches I have on hand that are incorrect pinout for the application: