Patchbox ground wiring

Started by Ansur, June 18, 2015, 04:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ansur

Hi all,

I'm possibly overthinking this - but as I'm quite new to the whole electronics game, I've a question on the ground wiring for a patchbox.
There's gonna be the usual stuff in there: 2 switchable inputs, 3x s/r, and 2 outputs for different amps. Now it's on the last that I'm not sure how to wire it: just before I'll place a splitter, which has an isolation transformer. So my question: I would think that inside the box, I could just chain the grounding for all in- and outputs, and connect it to the chassis. However, with the isolated grounding in the splitter box before, wouldn't this cause issues?

nocentelli

Schematic for the output splitter?
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

PRR

Welcome.

If the box is smaller than your foot, all the regular grounds go together. The isolated "ground" must of course use an insulated jack and *not* be connected to any other ground.
  • SUPPORTER

Ansur

Right - so if I understand you correctly, in terms of flexibility it would actually make sense to use insulated jacks everywhere, and only attach one connection (e.g. guitar input or main amp output) to the box?

@nocentelli - I'm afraid I don't have the schematics - I'm considering buying this splitter, currently thinking that the Fulltone true-path will do.