Any ElectroSmash PedalSHIELD Users?

Started by poojalooba_cow, July 01, 2015, 10:05:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poojalooba_cow

Hey y'all, I just recently (last year) got into the DIY pedals stuff. I've built tons of pedals, but I've only ever built analog effects before, with the exception of Merlin's Small Time digi-delay. My main rig and my backup amp are both Fender/Peavey modeling amps, though, so I've got no problems with digital stuff, and I'd like to expand what I can do and experiment with stuff that's hard to do with analog effects.

So, I'm thinking that for 75 bucks plus the price of an Arduino, an ElectroSmash PedalSHIELD can't be beat. I'm in the I.T. field, so programming the board in C++ isn't a problem for me. I've never programmed audio-specific stuff before, but I also studied acoustics for a while and am familiar with sound waves and spectrums and how to alter them for specific effects.

Has anyone used/built one before? Is it easy to get the effects you want with programming? Are you satisfied with the sound quality and the tone? How complex does stuff get? Etc. I'd love to hear some thoughts on it.