Blender pedals [Request]

Started by ramonovski, July 09, 2015, 08:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramonovski

Hi,

Does anybody here have a schematic/layout for a blender pedal like the Boss LS-2 or Xotic blender that can share with me?

I did a quick search on google and this forum as well and I couldn't find any info... which it's strange since (I'm just guessing here) it should be a fairly simple circuit, besides the buffer circuit in all Boss compact pedals.

I'm just interested in the "Parallel blending" function, and I know the Boss LS-2 can be found for ~$50 in the used market, but I just want to try a few things before deciding if it's going to worth it.

And maybe this is the wrong forum to ask this, but if there's no schematic/layout out there I would like to know where should I start to build something like this.

Thanks!

R.G.

Read geofex.com, preferably all of it.

What you're looking for is covered in "Panning for Fun".
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

duck_arse

same goes for AMZ, in particular the page on buffers.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

ramonovski

Oh yeah, I do know and read geofex from time to time, I just don't know all of it.

I found what I was looking for: http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/02/split-n-blend.html

Thanks guys!

chicago_mike

I built a blender with a 2 band eq and a phase reversal switch. Very similar to the Xotic. Probably my favorite and most proud moment in all of pedaldom. :)

MrBinns

ramonovski

Quote from: chicago_mike on July 28, 2015, 02:15:25 PM
I built a blender with a 2 band eq and a phase reversal switch. Very similar to the Xotic. Probably my favorite and most proud moment in all of pedaldom. :)

That sounds really funny, and useful!

Post some pics if you don't mind.