Boss DD-2 rotary switch

Started by jessetrbo, July 12, 2015, 11:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessetrbo

Greetings... I need to find a source and purchase a replacement rotary switch for my Boss DD-2 delay pedal; it switches between four different delay ranges.   Here's a link to the schematic:  http://www.8bitsindgenug.net/boss_dd2.png .  Can anybody recommend the proper replacement part/source? 

Thank you kindly.  I did a cursory search that did not yield results.  I also attempted to contact Boss, but I stopped short of registering which would have enabled me to e-mail them...

--Jesse
Jesse Trbovich -- Philadelphia

PRR

The schematic shows a bog-stock 2P4T switch.

Mechanical size and mounting may be critical.

Have you tried cleaning it?
  • SUPPORTER

jessetrbo

The shaft on the switch had been snapped off prior to my acquiring the pedal... Size is the issue for sure.  I did a cursory Mouser search and did not find an obvious match.

Thanks.

Ice-9

Quote from: jessetrbo on July 15, 2015, 01:55:46 PM
The shaft on the switch had been snapped off prior to my acquiring the pedal... Size is the issue for sure.  I did a cursory Mouser search and did not find an obvious match.

Thanks.

Can you post a picture of what is left of the switch, that might make it easier for anyone to recommend a replacement.

This switch should fit or most likely be able to be wired to fit.

http://www.musikding.de/Mini-rotary-switch-2P4T
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

jessetrbo

Allow me to revisit the procedure on posting pictures... Suffice to say, the pic that you posted looks like it would fit. I am now trying to source on in the USA.  So far, still searching.  Thanks everybody...

--Jesse

smallbearelec

Hi Jess--

Check the other controls on that pedal and see whether the shafts are smooth or knurled: Older BOSS pedals had knobs with set screws; newer ones have push-ons. If it turns out that you need the style with knurled shaft, try contacting Roland CS at 323-890-3700. They'll sell you the OEM part if they have stock, tho overpriced and high S & H. I can't offer to stock it right now because I would need to buy 1,000.

Regards
SD

jessetrbo

Thanks, Steve!  I am grateful to have the contact number... I struck out with their website (I didn't want to register); perhaps I have as having a bad day.  Regardless, I think that they have what I need and I will give them a call. 

Much appreciated...

--Jesse

jessetrbo

...To answer your question, my pedal has the "push on" knobs, knurled shaft... Here's hoping it doesn't cost more than the price of an used DD2.

--Jesse