Just getting back into electronics, what fun!

Started by jez79, July 13, 2015, 10:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jez79

Hey folks, I'm Jesse, a teacher/musician from NB, Canada.
I used to work on electronic projects when I was starting out at university in physics and philosopy. Screamer clone, tried out several Craig Anderton circuits from his book. Ordered lots of yummy parts way back that I am still discovering... I have 4 soldered clm6000, and 6 unused!
Got busy with other things and only broke out the boxes of parts and components now 15 years or so later. Will have to test every dang component as who knows what survived 15 years of random storage, including some dank basements :(

I've been super productive and finished three projects:
1) FX25b mods, 2) two tone mini synth (555 square pulse), 3) ABY thru box with 2 kill switch channels.

I can't wait to work on more now that my workshop is setup and running!
For now I am focusing in on the FX25b, really fine tune the modifications I've done so far.
I'll surely be stalking these boards now, extracting information and hopefully providing some too.
Cheers, folks!

1) FX25b mods. I call it: QuackSpike. You wouldn't believe the synth tones that come out of this now. Make sure to make it to 6:20 in the video.

2) two-tone mini-synth. A neat method of controlling the EQD arpanoid. Works well, the box is sharp.

3) ABY box with kill switches

Jdansti

Welcome to the forum!  Cool stuff!  8)

Those 555s are pretty versatile. I used one to make a metronomeone metronome for a high school electronics shop project back in 1977.  I'm in the process of building an Atari Punk Console with several effects added to it for one of my nephews (and to drive his parents nuts!).

Hope to see more of you on the forum!  :)

John
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

bluebunny

OK, who's gonna be the first to mention "Hotel California"?  ;)  Welcome, Jesse.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Jdansti

Quote from: bluebunny on July 14, 2015, 02:36:31 AM
OK, who's gonna be the first to mention "Hotel California"?  ;)  Welcome, Jesse.

In more ways than one. As Jesse found out, when it comes to building stompboxes, "you can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave!"
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

duck_arse

welcome back. also, yellowtape. I've heard of that. there are people who will want to see inside that box, just cause of the pickup selector switch.
don't make me draw another line.

deadastronaut

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

jez79

Summer pedal project #4
This one is less circuit and more enclosure.
License plate stompbox!
Varnished cedar enclosure,
Aluminum tape faraday cage (no hum)
Rickenbaker pbass pickups (from a hot pick Warlock!)
Vintage '78 NB license plate
Fancy felt and rubber feet on bottom.
It sounds amazing! Standard bass LPF tone control turns the thwack into a thump.

bluebunny

That's pretty cool, Jesse.  Just need a bit of video of it in action!   :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

petey twofinger

very cool stuff there ,  thanks for taking the time to document your work , those videos are excellent and i want that lic plate stomp box  .
im learning , we'll thats what i keep telling myself