Strategic help with accident/damage recovery

Started by jez79, July 18, 2015, 10:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jez79

So I left town for the weekend and packed up a few valuables to store in my house; security of workshop is iffy, and I tend to preempt problems of that nature.

Well stupid me hasn't learned that my tiny GK bass amp i use for testing falls over at the slightest turn in my car. Fell right on top of the circuit i was working on (fx25 'quackspike' mods).

The dod pots were all bent out of shape. While working on my first fx25 mods, i was rough on the dod pots, and they failed, had to replace all three and i was good to go. However i believe when i broke that first set of pots, the evidence of problems was no sound (not sure should have written everything down - note for future experiments).
This time it is distorting in weird ways, the sound goes in and out and even gets a very weird distorted chorus! :(
I doubt broken pots would be responsible for this more complex problematic behaviour...

My question to you pros/old hats is what you suggest i do with this. I bought 4 fx25bs to mod, so i could take data from a good pedal and compare with this smashed one, way different values may indicate which part is faulty?
I went around the circuit with a pushy tool to wiggle parts and hopefully get normal behaviour.
If i can't fix it, this is a very expensive way to get a few spare parts...

Thanks for any advice!