What Is Going On

Started by smallbearelec, July 20, 2015, 06:28:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallbearelec

I have created a tutorial for breadboarding Gus's Beginner Boost V. 2, and I thank him for is help in adding a BMP tone stack. Aron has posted it as a child board under the Beginner Project. Please direct newbies there...I have done my best to set it up in a way that encourages good practice and makes finding mistakes easier. Kits will be available later today, and a piece of the price will go to Aron. However, all of the parts at this stage are generic and available pretty much everywhere.

I am working now on designs for two soldered builds. One will be generic in a 125-B, parts available anywhere, and the other will be in the Bare Box #1. I hope it's clear that I want to encourage use of the Bare Box without being completely prescriptive.

Why didn't I go this route a long time ago? I think partly it's that Aron has always been extremely careful about not making diystompboxes.com an overly commercial vehicle, and I felt wary of getting too much in anyone's face with my commercial interest. More recently, however, I really wanted a marketing vehicle for the Bare Box, and Aron had, in past conversations, expressed interest in getting more of a return from his work on the site. We kicked this around when I was at Oahu, and this tutorial is the first fruit. The kits for the soldered builds should be out in a month or so, and more ideazz to come.

Regards
SD