Looking for a simple delay project

Started by Jmsteele187, July 30, 2015, 12:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmsteele187

Hi all, I'm in search of a simple delay project.  I have a few pt2399's on hand and would like to utilize them somehow.  I did a quick search, but didn't really find much.  Does anyone have suggestions?

Jdansti

It doesn't gt much simpler than the Ersatz Delay. I've built this several times. It's not the best sounding delay, but it works well and it's easy to build. Use a 100k time pot for long delay times.

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/03/ersatz-verben-psuedo-reverb-by.html?m=1
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

nickbungus

I mean to try this as I hate Vero.  I've never built it myself though

To the extreme, I rock a mic like a vandal.
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.

nickbungus

On the link I sent the delay pot is 20k and the repeat is 50k
To the extreme, I rock a mic like a vandal.
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.

Cozybuilder

Ray Ring developed a very nice PT2399 delay with a low parts count. Check it out here:
   http://circuitsalad.com/2012/09/20/pt2399-delay-is-complete/
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Jdansti

Quote from: nickbungus on July 30, 2015, 05:04:58 AM
I mean to try this as I hate Vero.  I've never built it myself though

That looks interesting. Bookmarked!
  • SUPPORTER
R.G. Keene: EXPECT there to be errors, and defeat them...

Jmsteele187

Thanks for the ideas guys.  After looking at some schematics, and watching some videos on YouTube, I may just go all out and try to tackle a more complex delay, like a rebote 3.  I haven't completely decided yet, I though.  Does anyone know if the rebote 3 does tails?

guidoilieff

Quote from: Jmsteele187 on July 31, 2015, 01:41:36 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys.  After looking at some schematics, and watching some videos on YouTube, I may just go all out and try to tackle a more complex delay, like a rebote 3.  I haven't completely decided yet, I though.  Does anyone know if the rebote 3 does tails?

I think there is a mod for tails, but I would recommend the Echo Base delay

Maybe is a shorter delay pedal, but sounds better to me... and seems easier.

Havaden

Quote from: Jdansti on July 30, 2015, 01:08:03 AM
It doesn't gt much simpler than the Ersatz Delay. I've built this several times. It's not the best sounding delay, but it works well and it's easy to build. Use a 100k time pot for long delay times.

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/03/ersatz-verben-psuedo-reverb-by.html?m=1

Yeah. Was about to say that the simplest delay circuit i have ever seen. was based on the same chip as the "little angel" chorus.
I guess this is it.  ;D
It's not always easy, but it's never impossible :D

Gibson SG Special worn brown 2006 (W. Bigsby b3)
Squier bullet fiesta red 2009 with a ton of care and mods.
Chibson LP Custom 2015 (Fixed broken neck)
Gibson LP Junior 2009

Jmsteele187

Thanks for the heads up on the Echo base.  I finally had a chance to watch some sound clips, and definitely like the way it sounds (at least on YouTube).  Plus, some of the mods are pretty cool too.  Here's a question though, is there a pcb template out there for the version 2?  I think I'd rather etch my own board, instead of doing a vero layout.  I started looking though the thread on the echo base, but there's close to 70 pages, and it could take me days to find it, if there is one, in that thread.
Thanks for all the help.