How to scrap Boss DD-3

Started by guidoilieff, August 02, 2015, 02:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guidoilieff

I have a broken Boss DD-3 delay. I sent it for repair, and there is no repair. The main IC is fryed, the rest is supposed to work. The list of ICs is the following:

1 - DV41464
2 - 311d JRC 7008a
3 - BU4066b
4 - 9703 74
5 - 9703 74HC00
6 - NE570n
7 - M5218

Transistors:

8 - C3378 or C337B
9 - K118
10- C2458
11- K184

Is there a way I can do something with anything of this?

duck_arse

well, with that lot, the world is your oyster.

the 311 is a comparator, for comparing somethings like voltages, for zero crossing detector maybe.
4066 is a quad switch, like 4 single pole, single throws with digital control, plenty you can do with them.
4, the 74, is missing some numbers, but would be a logic chip, most likely.
as is the 74hc00, a quad nand gate, make some oscillators or relay latches.
ne570 is a compandor, expands and compresses, used around things like digital delays, maybe improve a pt2399 circuit.
m5218 is a dual op-amp, no? not much you can't do with that.

and the transistors can be transistors, and the k118 and k184 are fets, for all those fet circuits. what are you waiting for?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

guidoilieff

Quote from: duck_arse on August 02, 2015, 11:16:59 AM
well, with that lot, the world is your oyster.

the 311 is a comparator, for comparing somethings like voltages, for zero crossing detector maybe.
4066 is a quad switch, like 4 single pole, single throws with digital control, plenty you can do with them.
4, the 74, is missing some numbers, but would be a logic chip, most likely.
as is the 74hc00, a quad nand gate, make some oscillators or relay latches.
ne570 is a compandor, expands and compresses, used around things like digital delays, maybe improve a pt2399 circuit.
m5218 is a dual op-amp, no? not much you can't do with that.

and the transistors can be transistors, and the k118 and k184 are fets, for all those fet circuits. what are you waiting for?

Thanks! I have some questions...

Why would I want to make a zero crossing detector? Whats its main use?

I found that "sir god craig anderton" made a compressor with the 570 http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/manuals/PANAXISMMCCONST.pdf my next projetct.
Im going to fit an echo base inside the empty dd-3 pedal, do you know how to improve a pt2399?

guidoilieff

I found that the PT-80 use one of those.

duck_arse

a zero crossing detector says 'the signal -now- is zero, so you can switch something' without an output glitch. or you can just do a voltage comparison, this voltage is now higher than your reference, so turn 'on', like that.

the compander goes before and after your whatever circuit. set the first half to compress the signal, feed that into your digital thing, which will add digital noise, then feed the output into the second half set as an expandor, which gives you a better signal to noise ratio, reducing the apparent junk from the digital. you can wrap it around other circuits, exactly like in the pt-80.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.