Klon buffer splitter. Will this schematic work?

Started by chumbox, August 12, 2015, 09:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chumbox

Hi all

Took a leaf from the AMZ Splitter and attempted a similar schematic using the Klon buffer.  Would this theoretically work as drawn?  I'm no op-amp guru so there is possibly something I'm missing here.  Oh this is using a TL072 dual op amp.

Thanks in advance. :)

dschwartz

Yes it would work..
But, i'd add a series resistor at the input to protect the opamp a little and add a 47uF cap to the 9v rail..,

The thing with this type of splitters is that they  are very susceptible to ground loops if the devices being driven have different ground potentials..

A gnd lift switch (cutting the ring ground) may help..but the best way is to use transformers..
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

Bill Mountain

Looks good.  You could most likely get away with using one opamp and splitting the signal at pin 1 of IC1A.

How will you be using the splitter?

blackieNYC

Couldn't he lose the 1M delivering Vref?  I see that skipped often.
Am I right that a large resistor like that is needed when you are distributing Vref to several points in the circuit?  Time for some geofex reading.
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

induction

Quote from: blackieNYC on August 12, 2015, 03:18:45 PM
Couldn't he lose the 1M delivering Vref?  I see that skipped often.
Am I right that a large resistor like that is needed when you are distributing Vref to several points in the circuit?  Time for some geofex reading.

That resistor allows you to filter Vref with C4 while maintaining a high input impedance. If you drop R3, you have to drop C4 as well, or the input signal will bleed to ground, treble first.