JJS Amp with 12AX7 and 12AU7? Does anyone know where to get info for it?

Started by M23Bomber, August 16, 2015, 07:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M23Bomber

Hello all,

JJS Amp with 12AX7 and 12AU7? Does anyone know where to get info for it?

Regards,
M.

anchovie

Google "jjs amp"
Go to the site that comes back as the first result.
Get in touch with JJS using the "contact" link.

Your question is so vague that it's probably best you ask directly.
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

M23Bomber

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, I was writing from my phone and it was wrote almost as note to my self. I know the JJS website, and im interested in the Class A amp, right now im super motivated to build a mini-tube amp wih a SMPS because I changed flats and I have very annoying neighbors.

So far I found a few examples such as the Superfly and the Murder One, and a lot of comments about the MAX1771 and the 555 SMPSs.

But since these circuits use expensive , hard to own / ICs such as the 6021 or the 6N16B or 6N17B, or expensive ICs such as the MAX1771, I want a bit of a change.

All in all, Im interested in adapting an existing schematic for a single endeed  amp, wich will use a 12AX7 and 12AU7, and the 555 SMPS by Rick Holt. But if a similar project already exists that saves a lot of work right?

Regards,
M.

thomasha

Hi M23Bomber,

I guess you've already seen this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10420127/Layout%20miniamp.pdf

The schematic is ok, but I made some changes to the Layout, please, check it if you're going to use it.

Cheers,
Thomas

M23Bomber

Thank you very much Tomasha.

Im going to use for sure with the 555 SMPS ;)

Once again Thank you. ;)

Regards,
M.

maiko

thomasa im very intrigued with your project.  do you have a build report somewhere id like to see it.  got some 12ax7 and 12au7 laying idle