Please help me identify this Brazilian board

Started by Mark Hammer, August 15, 2015, 06:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

Normally, any populated boards I have are stored inside a plastic sandwich bag with their identification written in marker on the outside.  The other night, however, as I was sifting through one of my big storage boxes of boards, I found one that was all wired up but unmarked.  At first I thought it was some sort of modulation circuit, because the pots had been marked as depth, frequency, and "sw" (for sweep, I suspect).  I searched through my hard drive and couldn't find it.  I plugged it in and tried it out and it seems like it is some sort of sweepable bandpass...I think.  If I could locate the schematic and documentation, though, maybe I'd know if it was working properly, and what to expect from the three controls (10k, 20k and 50k pots).

It uses a dual op-amp, a pair of NPNs, and a single PNP.  I've got a 4558, 5089s and a 3906 in ther, but have no idea if that is what it is supposed to have.  Here is a pic of the component layout and copper side.  The PCB says www.handmades.com.br in the corner, and also appears to say "Guero 2.0", which I gather is Portugese.

Maybe it looks familiar to one of you.  Presumably, I downloaded it from somewhere.

digi2t

• SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

Güero

I think that's my layout for Ibanez WH10 wah
Güero is a Mexican alias for " white guy " like me :)
but I'm Brazilian, sorry for the mess :P
Curing the infection one bullet at a time.

Mark Hammer

Actually, that sounds about right.  I do have a faint memory of making up a board for a WH-10, in response to someone's post.  Now I can look up the schematic on my hard drive.  Thanks!   :icon_biggrin:

Mark Hammer

Thanks, Dave.  I actually had it on my hard drive.  I just didn't think to look in the "wah" folder.