Tone stack on vero question

Started by Liaztraht, August 18, 2015, 05:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liaztraht

Hey, new here.

I have been looking into building a couple pedals for myself, and experimenting with the James Tone Stack from Tone Stack Calculator on its own vero to easily add or remove it from circuits.

I think I managed to lay it out right, but honestly, I have no idea on laying things out with vero.
I haven't messed with circuits since college, so bear with me if I am slow to catch on.

What I managed to do

nocentelli

That looks ok to me, but if people use conventional pot notation, your pots will both reduce treble or bass when turned clockwise: swap lugs 1 qnd 3 over on both and they'll boost as you turn them "up"
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

Liaztraht

Awesome.
So pots facing down instead of 321 from left to right, treat it as 123?

bluebunny

With the lugs pointing down and the shaft pointing at you - like in this picture - yes, they're 1-2-3 from left to right.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Liaztraht

Quote from: bluebunny on August 19, 2015, 03:08:04 AM

With the lugs pointing down and the shaft pointing at you - like in this picture - yes, they're 1-2-3 from left to right.
This I knew, I was trying to clarify what Nocentelli was getting at with swapping the 1 and 3 lugs of the pots. I was going with shaft pointing down and lugs up as 321 when wiring them to the board.

induction

How you mount them is entirely up to you, just make sure lug 3 gets connected where the layout says lug 1, and vice-versa, unless you want them to operate backwards.