LED help needed...

Started by okeephoss, August 22, 2015, 02:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okeephoss

this PCB has an LED circuit built in but I can't get to work...  wired the LED hole to lug 1 of switch but confused about the rest of the wiring.  Any info would be greatly appreciated...

http://i.imgur.com/FiG9nGg.jpg

GibsonGM

Can you post their documentation, hoss?  We need to see what the function of the LED is, to see where its power comes from.

Welcome to the forum, by the way :)
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

duck_arse

besides also welcome, okeephoss, a few things.

your D3 is backwards to the build notes at madbean (which you should link us to, so we don't have to search).

also, the circuit diagram shows R13 is the led current limit resistor, which you have fitted. so, you'd take the wire from the "LED" wirepad, bottom centre, your left grey wire, and connect to the Anode (round side) of the led. the K (flat side) will then go to the 3p2t switch, the top left lug (where the grey is now).

as far as I can see, you don't need the blue wire or the resistor currently connected to the led. you will need to sleeve both legs of the led.
don't make me draw another line.