Can any one help me diagnose a problem.

Started by 6stringandy, August 22, 2015, 03:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6stringandy

I have snipped the C6 resistor out and it was working for a while. And now nothing. Led comes on but no sounds. Any one think of anything here be a pic to se if any of you guys can see anything

Cheers in advance

Govmnt_Lacky

We need more detail to diagnose. Suggest reading this and reposting with requested info.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=29816.0
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

GibsonGM

Welcome to the forum!

1) What is this?
2) Do you have a schematic for it?
3) Why did you cut out R6?  Some kind of mod you read about?   (I think you meant R6, not C6, right?)
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

armdnrdy

I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)

karbomusic

Looks like a RAT with the ruetz mod minus the trimmer.

6stringandy

Hi there guys thanks for the reply's I'm a right bit busy so thanks for you patience. It is a rat 2 with a reutz mod minus the pot.  It is correct that it is R6 not C6 also. Very new to all this and not great with forums etc. as for a schematic I'm don't have one. So any questions please ask and any help would be great.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: 6stringandy on August 23, 2015, 01:27:00 PM
So any questions please ask and any help would be great.

You could provide the info requested in the first reply (by me)  8)

Without that... no one can help you.  :-\
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

MrStab

something came up which is preventing me from looking into this deeper, but this page seems to pertain to the part numbers on the actual Rat (whereas R6 seems to be elsewhere on clone schematics), and may help you figure out:

http://www.muzique.com/news/quick-rat-pedal-mod/

judging by the visible trace that connects both R6 and its neighbour on your pic, this seems to be the right area.

...ofc, it could be that something else went wrong during surgery.
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

MrStab

maybe i'm wrong, there's not enough data, but i don't think R6 being out of the circuit caused the problem. i think either something else happened when snipping the leads or, more-likely, re-assembling.

does the board work outside the box (with the bottom on an insulated surface)? are the copper traces under R6 coming loose? are the wires connected to the footswitch loose on the board (that sometimes happens with Rats)?
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

6stringandy

Will give that a go outside the box. And check all those parts you have said. Thank you