Line 6 DL4 Mod gone wrong?

Started by effectsbay, August 29, 2015, 10:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

effectsbay

Hello

So I just picked up a cheap Line 6 DL4, and I thought I would do some mods. First, I checked if everything was working properly, and it's working perfect. My mods would be simple.. replace the footswitches, and replace the LEDs.

After I completed the mods, everything works as expected (for the most part), except a continuous blink on Channel A, B and C if set. The blink happens once approximately every 1-2 seconds. I tried to a factory reset, and the problem persists.

I followed the footswitch mods from 2 YouTube tutorials, and my soft touch switches are Normal Open. Based on what I'm seeing, I feel like they need to be Normal Close switches. I doubt this has anything to do with the blink though.

Here is a video and further explanation:

Let me know if you have any ideas? I just ordered a batch of the Normal Close switches.

Thanks!
hank

effectsbay

Small update on this. If I power the unit with batteries, the problem goes away (blinking problem). So the power supply is causing the blink. I'm powering it up with the proper line 6 DL4 power supply:

Line 6 Class 2 Power Supply
Model: SY-09200A
Part No: 11-32-0000
Input: 120V AC 60Hz
Output: 9v AC 2000mA

Note, the Line 6 DL4 that I'm modifying did NOT have a power supply with it. This power supply is for another DL4 I have. I tested the power supply with the other DL4, and no problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
hank

paddymercier

Hey there. I'm a bit of a noob but I've run into this problem before where my LEDs were getting too much power and blinked continuously. I assumed that the lights were blinking in an effort to not burn out...but no idea if that's true.

Adding a 1k resistor to the LEDs stopped the blinking.

I'd say double-check the voltage that your new LEDs require and add the appropriate resistor if too much is getting to them.