The California Plus Project (aka let's make a better Bogeyman JFET pedal)

Started by JonMan94, August 31, 2015, 09:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonMan94

Okay guys, I have quite a project in mind... basically, I wanna shrink Bancika's MkIIC+ Preamp PrePCB into a JFET pedal, similiar and yet better than the boogeyman layout already shown to me.

I've been messing around with DIYLC all day today and here's what I came up with as a proposed layout, note that I ommitted the values for everything... merely, I would like confirmation on whether or not this would be viable as a starting point. (Warning, large schematic ahead):

As for the Five-Band EQ, this is something I want to add here, Diale's Simple 5-band.

http://www.diale.org/simple-eq.html

I hope I'm not jumping the shark with this, but I at least want to get an idea of what I need to do to make this schematic work in terms of parts and PCB layout. So, what do you guys think?

mth5044

Can you post a link to the schematic of the original work? (and make your schematic smaller?)

J0K3RX

Some may not know but, if you look at the early 90's Mesa Boogie Studio Preamp schematic you may notice that it's almost identical to the MKIIC+... I have seen them up for sale on craigslist for as little as $400 and I see them all the time! Not so much with the MKIIC+ and if you do find one you will bleed for it!!! :icon_wink:
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

roseblood11