Rangemaster and Wireless Guitar

Started by LeroyP, September 05, 2015, 12:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeroyP

Hi All

After hearing the ARC Effects Gamut on the utubes i decided that i needed to build a Rangemaster clone.
After spending a lot of time researching all over the inerwebs i've got mine design down pat.

The only issue i'm having is putting it on my live board. I can isolate it from all the effect pedal buffers because it's in a loop by itself but i'm having an input impedance issue. I use a wireless system when playing live and even when i switch to the Rangemaster only loop the input impedance is messed with by the wireless receiver output impedance of just 200 ohms.
It is known that running a guitar direct into the Rangemaster gives a nice hi end roll off due to the guitars high output impedance.

Now i'm aware that i cant get the same effect as running direct when it comes to using the guitars volume to clean up the Rangemaster, but i'm fine with that as it's only used as a lead boost for an already dirty amp.

Is there any simple circuit mod i can do to simulate the "guitar on 10" output impedance?
I read a thread on here where i thinks someone suggested placing a 10k resistor in series with the Rangemasters input. Would that help?

Thanks
Leroy

samhay

A series resistor to the input is the easiest option, and may well be good enough.
The value is probably best picked by ear, and the easiest way to do that is to splice a pot used as variable resistor - A100k is a good place to start - between the loop send and rangemaster input using e.g. alligator clips. Adjust to taste...
I'm a refugee of the great dropbox purge of '17.
Project details (schematics, layouts, etc) are slowly being added here: http://samdump.wordpress.com

kaycee

Something else that might work is Jack Orman's pick up simulator. One of those mini transformers and a pot wired in before the RM.

FuzzFanatic71

Check the schematic for the Z Vex Mastotron and use the diagram for the Push/Relax control. I built one of these in a 1590a to load down an active bass for using with vintage fuzz. Pretty sure it would work with a wireless guitar system.
Why won't this @$&$ing thing work?