News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Repurposed Enclosures

Started by GiovannyS10, September 07, 2015, 09:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiovannyS10

Hymenoptera, sorry for the delay. But this is the schematic i used. The "pop...pop" problem can solve using a single resistor on the ldr terminals (i think). Good luck!  ;D

I said to you what my schematic is a bad project :/

The top led is for indication and the bottom must to be close to the ldr and protected for light. I used tape for involve the circuit for protect for the light.

IC is a 555

If you build this project, please dont forget to show me the result :) The sound you already listen on my video, so good luck on your build ;D I will start a delay project tomorrow.
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

duck_arse

gio, you should have a current limit resistor in series with each led. that way they wont explode when the depth pot is min resistance. and each with its own resistor means they won't fight for the current, they will share evenly. and, if you wire the indicator led and its resistor to the pin3 instead of the depth, you'll have constant flash brightness, not brightness following the depth setting.

and usually, the ldr is part of a resitive divider, and often shunting to ground, but if it works and you're happy, well done.

(you haven't marked the IC part number .....)
don't make me draw another line.

GiovannyS10

Duck you are right. I make a error on this draw. I use 2 1k resistor on leds. And the idicator led is before the deph pot. I will reamake it!! And the ci is a LM555
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

hymenoptera

I love how simple this is.

I'm going to have to breadboard this and tinker with it.
"Radio Shack has nothing for anyone who's serious about electronics." - Jeri Ellsworth

GiovannyS10

Hymenoptera,
Thanks! But i've some errors on this schematic, i will post another soon. :)
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

hymenoptera

Hell yeah! I just love the idea of the home made vactrol. I want to experiment with something like that :)

I wonder if there should maybe be a high value resistor across the output jack's tip and sleeve to create a proper voltage divider from the vactrol?
"Radio Shack has nothing for anyone who's serious about electronics." - Jeri Ellsworth

deadastronaut

this is pretty similar to the 'tiny trem' ...great use of a 555.. 8)

however, if you stick a distortion/drive before it, it loses the chop of the 'tremolo' .

great to breadboard up n try though....

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

GiovannyS10

Quote from: deadastronaut on September 12, 2015, 06:55:30 AM
however, if you stick a distortion/drive before it, it loses the chop of the 'tremolo' .

Before no, but after. If you stick this after a drive (how i made on the video) its works right. :) And i dont know "tiny trem". :/

Thanks for all your support hymenoptera. I glad you liked this :) I think is not a very good circuit i made, but is functional. I think in use a 1M Resistor on the out jack. What do you think? If this stuff works for you i will to remake with these alterations.  ;D You will build it?

Make the led and the ldr in a separated board and cover with tape. after i will send a photo for you see how i made. :) Stay seems a vactrol same.

Another good side of this project is you dont need a 3PDT. Only a SPDT is good enough. You dont need a millenium bypass too, because the indicative LED already on the original board.  ;D ;D ;D

Good luck with your creations and thanks for all support.

That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

hymenoptera

After a quick search, I see now the similarities to the tiny trem, where the in/out and LDR side is fully passive, but it's clear this version is an independent discovery. There's certainly much to discover in Dead Astronaut's Tiny Trem thread concerning ways to tinker with this circuit. I haven't read all 70 pages of that thread so I'm not sure what all has been suggested, but I did skip ahead to the end and see some of the final layouts, so it's clear there's potential in this method. I think buffers would go a long way to making the circuit more predictable, but it's the simplicity that makes this design so great. It's something that anyone can build with found parts. The LDR can be pulled from a night light for instance.

Quote from: GiovannyS10 on September 12, 2015, 10:25:36 PM
I think is not a very good circuit i made, but is functional. I think in use a 1M Resistor on the out jack.

Simple can sometimes be good, too. Simple circuits are easy to add on to existing designs. For instance, to add on to a multi-effects signal processor or noise synth.

QuoteWhat do you think? If this stuff works for you i will to remake with these alterations.  ;D You will build it?

Yeah I probably will at least breadboard it. More than likely if it works for me it will end up on pad-per-hole perf board in a noise making synth box of some kind.

GiovannyS10

I'll search for this "Tiny Trem", i dont know this, sure. This tremolo is a independent discover... I glad you liked the idea, i will to follow this thred for see your results!  :D

That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.