MN3005 Are Baaack From The Dead!

Started by smallbearelec, September 10, 2015, 04:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

Rusty Key.  That's great.

I'm not sure that's an apples to apples situation with the the MN3005.  Doing wafer runs isn't a cheap affair and I've run across situations where newer fab houses had a lot of difficulty adapting to older processes, one of which was similar to this type of chip.  Perhaps you are right that they found a fab still setup for the old processes.  I wouldn't have expected that, but I find I am wrong more often than I'd like to be.   :icon_mrgreen:

I would love to have more insight into how these came about and what the actual implementation costs were.  I can't imagine why they'd release that info, however.

dont-tase-me-bro

Steve,
Do you have a rough ETA on when the next batch will be coming in?  Looks like the first one is just about gone.

alanp

Considering that we aren't playing "Is This Real" roulette, and aren't paying through the nose to possible scammers (Steve always sells quality items that do exactly as promised), I think $22/chip is cheap, for a MN3005 equivalent that meets the original spec :)

I leapt on a couple as soon as I heard about it... I'm surprised they hadn't sold out yesterday!

smallbearelec

Quote from: dont-tase-me-bro on September 12, 2015, 12:47:18 PM
rough ETA on when the next batch will be coming in?

I knew there was a lot of backed-up demand, but this was crazy! I will order more tomorrow night when China starts business day. If it goes like last order, figure I'll have parts in a week.

Edit: I just heard from XVive. The first batch of chips is gone and they are making another, expected to be available mid-October.

Regards
SD

12Bass

Apparently another production run will soon be available.  Will Small Bear be stocking them again?
It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

dan.schumaker

This is probably late on this, but I can vouch for the new chips.  I got chips from both Small Bear and DIY Guitar Parts and they both work amazing, in both a Madbean Aquaboy and the Madbean Total Recall projects.

smallbearelec

Quote from: 12Bass on February 21, 2016, 06:26:00 AM
Will Small Bear be stocking them again?

I spoke with the manufacturer while at NAMM. He has had even more demand than anticipated, as well as production problems. I will order as soon as possible, but I can't tell you when that will be.

Pedal Dan

Has anyone tried these in a build or retro fit?

I've got the new EHX 1100TT and it sounds rather decent!

smallbearelec

I have posted 500 pieces for sale and I will do my best to keep these stocked. Thank you all for your patience!

jtrezzo

Rehashing an old thread but couldn't find any others since on these. Any build reports on these? Comparisons to Panasonic justified? I just ordered the Xvive Memory pedal which is supposed to have these inside so can test for myself in a bit, but am impatient. I just couldn't pass on the pedal as the total cost was basically the same as if buying two chips alone with shipping. If they are good I may just use them in some projects...