Anyone know a Looper schematic?

Started by GiovannyS10, September 18, 2015, 10:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiovannyS10

Hello everyone!
I want to build a Loop Station and i tried to find a schematic on the forum, on the google and nothing. I dont found anything. So i want to know someone have a schematic. Can be the Boss Loop Station, but i like so much this:

Is the EHX Nano Looper.

Thank you!
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto

smallbearelec

Quote from: GiovannyS10 on September 18, 2015, 10:44:50 PM
Hello everyone!
I want to build a Loop Station and i tried to find a schematic on the forum

This is what I built for myself
http://diy.smallbearelec.com/Projects/Loopster/Loopster.htm

You might be able to find that Velleman module locally, or you can order it from my store. I also have a variety of Chipcorder ICs for longer record times.

cloudscapes

Unfortunately, unless you're into programming microcontrollers, you won't get better than lofi telephone quality in DIY.

If building a car is like building fuzzes, tremolos and simple delays, building a hi-fi looper is kind of like building a helicopter. It's a bit nuts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

GiovannyS10

Thanks for reply, guys!

So, cloudscapes, could be you have the reason, but i dont have money for buy anything Hahahaha, i need to build it.

And smallbearelec, you have a audio or video of your project? I really want to listen it. Thank you, bro!
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

FUZZZZzzzz

yes.. I would suggest buying 2nd hand.. A 2nd hand ditto looper goes for about 60 euros.. theres also a cheap Mooer pedal that goes for about 80 dollars online.. Or.. you could buy an old delay looper pedal like digitech has.. depends on what you want, really.. how many functionalities and such.
"If I could make noise with anything, I was going to"

Cozybuilder

Are you looking for a looper-bypass or something more elaborate?
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

GiovannyS10

Quote from: FUZZZZzzzz on September 20, 2015, 09:46:11 AM
yes.. I would suggest buying 2nd hand.. A 2nd hand ditto looper goes for about 60 euros.. theres also a cheap Mooer pedal that goes for about 80 dollars online.. Or.. you could buy an old delay looper pedal like digitech has.. depends on what you want, really.. how many functionalities and such.

Hello! Euros, Dollars, Well... Convert it to brazilian Real! Is something like R$ 300,00. Is so much cheap than a new (cost 1000,00 BRL), but is the price of a new Multi-Effect Pedal. I dont have money enough. No have money even to buy a little distortion, this is the reason that i make pedals, dont have money to buy a new.

I want a loop pedal because i play guitar alone on bars, and the looper is a good thing to record the bases and play over, no? Is necessary for me.

Quote from: Cozybuilder on September 20, 2015, 10:25:37 AM
Are you looking for a looper-bypass or something more elaborate?

No Cozy, i want a loop recorder, like the video. But i dont taking high hopes.  :-\
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

deadastronaut

Nux loop core....cheap, and 6 hours of excellent quality recording, 99 loops...

very cool...and useful..
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

overdriver999

Idk about cheap,my nux was 100 bucks,but well worth it imo..it helps with so much.I use mine constantly, so great suggestion, if he can find one used possibly I recommend this route as well.
how much wood can a woodchuck really chuck?

GiovannyS10

The Nux Loop Core is a good alternative, but its cost R$ 900,00. And i dont have money, really anyone have a looper circuit?
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

overdriver999

Have you checked the link that small bear provided?,I always recommend them first when it comes to stompbox parts and such ..top notch folks in my book

GiovannyS10

Quote from: overdriver999 on September 20, 2015, 09:07:06 PM
Have you checked the link that small bear provided?,I always recommend them first when it comes to stompbox parts and such ..top notch folks in my book

Yes i checked, but i want to listen this pedal for have sure what i am making. I asked for a audio or video but he dont reply :/ You know this pedal (loopster)? Is a good project?
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

Marcos - Munky

Giovanny, this is one of the cases which there's no other way than buying a 2nd hand. DIY something like this is way complicated/expensive.

GiovannyS10

From what i saw, dont have a way same.  :-\ You know a option for buy something like that on Brazil?
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

smallbearelec

Quote from: GiovannyS10 on September 19, 2015, 12:57:51 PM
And smallbearelec, you have a audio or video of your project? I really want to listen it. Thank you, bro!

I regret, I don't have time to do a video. These answering machine chipcorders will do decent quality if you increase the sampling rate. Not Hi-fidelity, but usable. It probably would not be economical to order all the parts from here because of taxes. But if you can find the Velleman module locally, build that and see how you like the result when played back through your gear.

overdriver999

I agree,I'm fairly new to building pedals,and I can imagine a looper/recorder is not an easy build,or a build that can be made with the quality of a commercial build just because of the nature of the pedal,I would also think that it would be cheaper in the end to buy one used instead of building one..most pedals I buy are used,I rarely buy new..so in my opinion, in this case,I would definitely buy a used looper pedal,I think the Hotone Wally is the cheapest one I have seen so far or maybe a digitech jamman also is fairly cheap used..that would be my solution without a doubt.

garcho

It's not just about having a schematic. If you don't have money for a used looper of any kind, you might not have enough money to build a DIY looper. Are you familiar with microcontrollers? Compared to almost all other pedal components, they're complicated and expensive. You'll probably need some new tools to deal with them as well. DIY looper is like DIY ebow: doing something difficult for the sake of doing something difficult; not practical in any way. If your heart is set on this, the Small Bear recommendation is going to be just about the best option out there.

I have a suggestion that I bet you won't like but might be exactly what you're looking for: record your back-up tracks on a computer with say, Audacity or Reaper, (free and cheap respectively) and play along with it live, instead of using a looper. If you want to be cool, put it on a cassette and play it through an old boombox. Find a way to make the speaker that your backing track is coming from look cool or crazy or interesting. Or be humorous about your situation: have small paper cutouts of a band next to your computer or CD player or cassette deck or whatever, while you play. Introduce them. Your audience will enjoy that so much more than watching you mess around with a looper pedal. And you'll have proper backing tracks instead of half-assed looper ones. Or, dare I say, find a way to arrange your music so that it sounds best as a solo project. It's unfortunate and true that there's not always a guitar pedal for every problem.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

deadastronaut

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2007/08/get-loopy-with-the-diy-10-ableton-footcontroller-no-soldering-required/I i

seem to remember a guy using a qwerty keyboard with ableton live

for live looping with a pc/laptop

he butchered the qwerty to only have the assigned , relative keys...

just a thought... :icon_idea:  cheap too... ;)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

GiovannyS10

Thanks all for answer and you have reason. I cant find this parts here, and i will forget this project for now, but im a programmer, and i will try to make it with something like arduino and relays, and normal electronics components. I think is the best way for now, and after i post the step-by-step here how to make it.

I think is it for now.
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

cloudscapes

smallbear's looper will sound roughly like this, to give you an idea. it may vary a little. they're based on the same chip.

otherwise, anythign better will get you straight into "diy helicopter" in terms of complexity.higher fidelity really isn't easily doable even for people with experience. unless you start diving into at least arduino, and usually better stuff like ARM chips. and in this case we're talking less about schematics and more about source code.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}