Fender Blender Reissue -> Original spec

Started by Aura9k1, September 22, 2015, 06:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aura9k1

Hey everybody! First time poster and newb modder here  :icon_biggrin:

So I recently purchased a Fender Blender reissue and it sounds absolutely amazing, better than most of the other fuzzes I've tried. Now while this pedal sounds awesome, it's a little different from the original; as far as the Internet has told me, there is a volume drop versus the original, as well as the boost which is wired differently. All the forums tell me to jump R34 and cut R35, as well as to swap the boost wires (swap the black and white wires around). Unfortunately though I can't find any current schematics for this unit :/ I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a schematic, or even better if someone has performed these mods and could give me a little insight as to how, that would be much appreciated!! Additionally I also want to wire an LED indicator to each footswitch. I believe this can be achieved by replacing the factory switches with 3PDT switches. This mod seems fairly simple to achieve so I'm definitely gonna try that on my own, but again any insights are always valuable.

To be clear, I'm trying to ascertain
1. If the mods listed are correct, and if not, please suggest the correct alternative
2. Which is R34 and R35?
3. Which cables should be swapped on the boost section?
4. Can I simply replace the footswitches with 3PDT footswitches to introduce an indicator LED for each switch?

Lastly, for reference, I've already consulted these threads
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=63487.0
http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=42190.0
And numerous others but to no avail. For the most part, the images are outdated or unlinked, or questions just remain unresolved. I've also seen the AnalogMan mods online where he just replaced the footswitches to introduce LEDs, and jumped R34; apparently he left the boost wiring and R35 as-is. I'm not opposed to this either, as long as you can justify why one would not perform the latter two mods. Additionally if you have any other suggestions, I am open to them!

Any help will be much appreciated! :) thank you in advance  :icon_smile:

Grid N

I just jumpered the R34 for fixing the volume drop. In theory you should cut R5, that it's aside. I have no info on which cable to swap.

Addy Bart

Yes, swap the black and white wires. Sometime ago I did all the mods outlined by the OP and it fixed the annoying volume drop. Such a sick fuzz, I love it.

Gristlepig

Quote from: Grid N on October 11, 2017, 01:31:45 PM
I just jumpered the R34 for fixing the volume drop. In theory you should cut R5, that it's aside. I have no info on which cable to swap.

DO NOT CUT R5!
R35 is the resistor in question. It is not a part of the vintage Blender circuit.
The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.
- Anatole France