Analogue delay repair question, Roland dc30

Started by 9 volts, September 29, 2015, 07:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9 volts

Hi there, I'm trying to repair my Roland dc30. (Mn3005 chips) The voltages look good and I have replaced most electro caps. I have no/very little delay sound. ( when the amp monitor is really loud I can hear the delay signal which changes with the delay time potentiometer.
I have used an audio probe and can trace the signal in and out of the ne570 and both mn3005 ic's.
I loose the signal not long after this. There are also two 4016 chips that appear to be working. (Hearing signal)
The 4013 ic shows it is working on oscilloscope.

Anyway, I'm a little stumped, if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.
Thanks

Quackzed

found a pdf for the dc50, probably similar...
https://ia600508.us.archive.org/20/items/synthmanual_DC-50_service_notes/DC-50_service_notes.pdf
see if you can isolate exactly where the signal is getting lost... sounds like somewhere in the post bbd filtering...
if you can narrow down where the signal is dropping you can lift one leg of any filter caps around there and see if it 'wakes up' then replace said cap...
electro's are most suspect...

nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

trovador

Quote from: 9 volts on September 29, 2015, 07:43:21 AM
Hi there, I'm trying to repair my Roland dc30. (Mn3005 chips) The voltages look good and I have replaced most electro caps. I have no/very little delay sound. ( when the amp monitor is really loud I can hear the delay signal which changes with the delay time potentiometer.
I have used an audio probe and can trace the signal in and out of the ne570 and both mn3005 ic's.
I loose the signal not long after this. There are also two 4016 chips that appear to be working. (Hearing signal)
The 4013 ic shows it is working on oscilloscope.

Anyway, I'm a little stumped, if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.
Thanks

Just curious if you were able to fix this problem...

TEPR

Bump. I have one of these too..
the Repeat Rate knob isn't doing anything however.  Any ideas where to start with that issue?
Pot seems fine, not scratchy or notchy... reflowing pot leads onto board didn't change anything.

Service Notes including schematic is at http://www.synfo.nl