TC Electronic Ditto Looper - Remote Switch

Started by scuzzphut, October 03, 2015, 02:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzphut

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd post this here for reference. I picked up a Ditto Looper yesterday (the mini one - the cheapest !!) and have modded it today for a remote switch.

Reason :  All of my pedals are on my desk - I don't use my feet to switch them, I prefer to have the knobs at a comfortable level for twiddling.  The only one which *demands* a footswitch (because I don't have three hands) is the new looper.

Upon opening it up , I was pleasantly surprised - plenty of room inside and it comes apart very easily. There are two boards - one which holds the knob and is screwed to the upper indside of the enclosure and a second board which has more components and has the I/O jacks and power socket mounted. These are connected by a header socket/pins set. Loosening the two I/O jacks allowed me to prize the boards apart and have a good look.

Thankfully the microswitch is a simple one-pole momentary push-to-close. It has four solder connections to the PCB, but these are internally connected. Thus - it's simple enough to wire a parallel push-to-close switch and both will operate the looper.

I mounted a stereo jack in a space in the enclosure, adjacent to the power socket. The Tip and Ring were then wired in parallel to the microswitch.

I then mounted a momentary switch on a small enclosure, with a trailing cable long enough to reach the floor. Terminate the other end in a stereo jack and Bob's your Auntie :-)

Any questions, fire away.

mth5044

Nice work and documentation. Thanks for posting!

I had done a similar thing with a tap tempo tremolo a while back. Found using 1/8" cable, like headphone stuff was smaller, cheaper and more flexible as far as not pulling everything off the desk compared to 1/4". Just throwing it out there.