tesla capacitors?

Started by tacobender, October 08, 2015, 02:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tacobender

Just wondering if anyone has used these before? I've got some 5uf axials I've put them in a circuit I haven't quite finished yet. Just wondering if anyone has used these and can say if they are quality or just adverage, or junk. Thanks.

hymenoptera

The Tesla 0.5% precision resistors and their TL072 opamps I've used have all been great.

I'm sure though, like any manufacturer of components, they probably make a wide range of products, and have both expensive parts and budget parts.

As for the 5uF caps, if they're the electrolytics from that vendor in Moldova, I should point out that the sales photo shows a date code of 1990, and that ain't so good. Electrolytics have a shelf life to consider.

Then again, it may just be the very sound you're after!
"Radio Shack has nothing for anyone who's serious about electronics." - Jeri Ellsworth

tacobender

LOL, I remember they did come from eastern Europe. Probably the same Guy, didn't even notice the date, thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll find out soon enough:)

hymenoptera

"Radio Shack has nothing for anyone who's serious about electronics." - Jeri Ellsworth