Calibrating an Aqua Puss/DM-2

Started by BDuguay, October 08, 2015, 01:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDuguay

I finally got around to finish calibrating..... I think.
I'm not sure what the cancel trim does. It's VR 2 on the DM-2 scheme and VR 3 on the aqua puss scheme. It seems I could only get the 2 traces close but not converging like the DM-2 document suggests. The trim pot I have for VR 2/VR 3 is fully counter clock wise. What exactly is the trim for?
B.

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: BDuguay on October 25, 2015, 03:53:32 PM
I finally got around to finish calibrating..... I think.
I'm not sure what the cancel trim does. It's VR 2 on the DM-2 scheme and VR 3 on the aqua puss scheme. It seems I could only get the 2 traces close but not converging like the DM-2 document suggests. The trim pot I have for VR 2/VR 3 is fully counter clock wise. What exactly is the trim for?
B.

Are you sure you have the proper value trim pot in there?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

PRR

> 2 traces close but not converging

What actual schematic have you implemented?

The balance trim pot value has to be appropriate for the load upon it. There's too many variants for us to guess what you have.

Are you sure the values on your plan match the values on your build? And no stray connections loading one output?

The other possibility is a BBD which is way off-balance. I guess you would rather fiddle the trim and load than replace the BBD.
  • SUPPORTER

BDuguay

I'm fairly certain it's 10K like the scheme calls for. I'll check it out.... :icon_cry:
B.

BDuguay

Yup, it's definitely 10K. Perhaps I'm not setting up properly to adjust this trim?
B.

BDuguay

Quote from: BDuguay on October 26, 2015, 09:19:37 AM
Yup, it's definitely 10K. Perhaps I'm not setting up properly to adjust this trim?
B.
And I would be right in that assumption. Big fat O.E.
She's tuned up now!
B.

Govmnt_Lacky

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

BDuguay

Typical guy thing, not reading instructions. I was feeding the pedal a signal when trying to adjust the cancel trim. In my defence though it stems from not knowing exactly what it is I was doing.
B.