The 0415 Guitar Synth

Started by Freppo, October 09, 2015, 03:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben N

Sorry for coming so late to the party, but if I were to want to kludge an Escobedo Square Wave Shaper Made Simpler (http://www.diale.org/escobedo.html) in here to get a little more flexibility in the core tone, where would I put it? To put it another way, I see how the octave signals get to the output, but not the core square wave. Can you explain that?
  • SUPPORTER

reddesert

IIRC, it doesn't. You get a mix between the octave-down and octave-up signals, without the original. Square waves have a lot of harmonic content, so your ear may infer the original note.

Interesting idea to add the square-wave shaper. I guess I would try putting it after the octave-down and before the mixer stage - on the schematic, that's between the output from the Q2 pin on U2.1 part of the CD4015, and the 100K resistor R10. You should be able to eliminate the first part of the square wave shaper and use just the pots/diodes/cap, second op-amp buffer, and coupling cap. Or you could use a dual op amp and make a separate square wave shaper for the octave-up as well ...

Freppo

Sounds like a cool idea. :)

Just wanted to let you know that i'm releasing the 0415 Guitar Synth 2.0 PCB in a few days (monday 1/1). It will have two more settings on the switches (which are changed to on/off/on types), the fundamental square wave and a detuned upper octave (in between one and two octaves up). It will also have a CV input (for modulation of the upper octave) and slightly improved tracking.

Cheers
/ Fredrik, Parasit Studio
Check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

changes

Quote from: Freppo on December 28, 2017, 06:00:59 AM
Sounds like a cool idea. :)

Just wanted to let you know that i'm releasing the 0415 Guitar Synth 2.0 PCB in a few days (monday 1/1). It will have two more settings on the switches (which are changed to on/off/on types), the fundamental square wave and a detuned upper octave (in between one and two octaves up). It will also have a CV input (for modulation of the upper octave) and slightly improved tracking.

Cheers
/ Fredrik, Parasit Studio

Hi Fredrik

Any chance of releasing the updates on schematic as well?
I have built the v1 and would love to update to v2 specs if possible

CHANGES

Ice-9

That's sounds great, so different and it does have a sound you could use well. :)
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

Ben N

Fredrik, is the new PCB out?
  • SUPPORTER

Freppo

Hey
Sorry for the slow reply. I've been under the weather..
Two weeks with the flu..  :icon_sad:

Quote from: Ben N on January 08, 2018, 11:00:11 AM

Yes, 4015 Guitar Synth 2.0 PCB is now avaliable in my webshop at www.parasitstudio.se
I'm working on the new build document now. Should be ready in a few hours. :)

Quote from: changes on January 06, 2018, 06:45:07 PM
Hi Fredrik

Yes, the build document will include the updated schematic.
The 2.0 PCB will have slightly different switch placement (different drilling template).
So i'm afraid that it will not be a drop in replacement for the 1.0 version.

Thank you for your interest!
Best regards
/ Fredrik
Check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Ben N

• SUPPORTER

changes

Quote from: Freppo on January 09, 2018, 08:03:44 AM
Hey
Sorry for the slow reply. I've been under the weather..
Two weeks with the flu..  :icon_sad:

Quote from: Ben N on January 08, 2018, 11:00:11 AM

Yes, 4015 Guitar Synth 2.0 PCB is now avaliable in my webshop at www.parasitstudio.se
I'm working on the new build document now. Should be ready in a few hours. :)

Quote from: changes on January 06, 2018, 06:45:07 PM
Hi Fredrik

Yes, the build document will include the updated schematic.
The 2.0 PCB will have slightly different switch placement (different drilling template).
So i'm afraid that it will not be a drop in replacement for the 1.0 version.

Thank you for your interest!
Best regards
/ Fredrik

Thank you Fredrik!

Best wishes for fast recovery
Cheers
CHANGES