LED Indicator Question - Noob question

Started by M.Spencer, October 11, 2015, 01:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.Spencer

I'm working on a simple feedback mod for the ValveWizard Equinox II where I take the mod's "send" to the center lug of one side of a DPDT on-off-on, with each outside lug of the switch using a different value resistor going back to the "return" on the board for different levels of feedback.

My question involves the mod's indicator LED. I would typically run the ground to the center lug of the other side of the DPDT, but I'm thinking it might be nice to have a different value CLR for each outside lug of the DPDT so the brightness will indicate "more" or "less" feedback. So I'm planning on taking the +9v to the center lug, then a different value CLR on each outside lug going to the annode of the LED. Would this work, or is there something I'm missing? (This will be my 18th build, so I'm still learning quite a bit).

I imagine a bi-color LED would be useful in such an instance, but I want to use only one color of LED since there's an outside mount LDR operating a different funcion. (Plus I have no bi-colors at the moment  ;D).     

peterg

Can you post a scheme of what you have in mind?

PRR

• SUPPORTER

M.Spencer

mth5044

You can put the current minting resistors between cathode and ground of the LED as well, doesn't really matter. That is, If I understood why you wanted to wire it up that way.

PRR

OP> I have no bi-colors

I think what your long text description (a crayon sketch might have been better) suggests is similar to this:

You propose one resistor OR the other. I changed that to one resistor or both resistors, so you don't have an "off" glitch as the switch goes one way to the other. Interrupting a fairly large current in a small-audio box can cause pop. (It still risks pop because of the change of current.) If you prefer, run the 22K to the unused switch lug instead of to +9V.

• SUPPORTER