Need help for Aion Titan OCD

Started by aphextwin, October 13, 2015, 01:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aphextwin

Hi everyone, on the pedal i builded the tone control doesnt effect in any way, the toggle switch Hp/LP is working well.
When i check the measure of the tone control leg1 and volume contro leg3, the C8 tone Capacitor seems as 77nf. The other measures i made are all down and the circuitry schematic is in the link. Thanks for any kinda help.

IC1 TL082 (18V)
1:   7.89
2:   7.89
3:   7.87
4:   0   
5:   7.40
6:   7.97
7:   7.89
8:   15.83

IC1 TL082 (9V)
1:   4.440
2:   4.438
3:   4.428
4:   0   
5:   4.184
6:   4.462
7:   4.436
8:   8.89

Project Documentation : https://aionelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/aion-titan-ocd-documentation.pdf

slacker

Very neat looking build nice work.

Check that the RX2 jumper is making a good connection in the sockets and check the soldering on the sockets and C8, a bad connection to any of those would stop the tone control doing anything.

Welcome aboard :)

aphextwin

Thanks for the help and answer, i checked the rx2 socket and C8, i even solder them again. İ also did some short circuit tests and the problem still goes on.

These r the short circuit tests i have done;
rx2 pin1-pin2 - tone pot leg 3-2 to ground.
tone pot leg1 - c8 leg1.
c8 leg2 - volume leg3 - r9, hp/lp switch.

PRR

Measure Ohms from tone control leg1 to ground while you turn Tone pot. Should run from 10K to zero.

Bad solder, missing jumper, or bad pot are possible.

> C8 tone Capacitor seems as 77nf.

Bah. If true, that just makes the Tone control work "too" good. That's not your problem. Anyway it is likely your cap-meter is confused by all the other stuff around C8, so "77n" really means "47n plus other stuff".

• SUPPORTER

aphextwin

Hey there all.

After doing many controls and measures i found out what was causing the problem. The connection that u see on the schematics, the tone pot leg3 and leg2 doesnt exist on the pcb board that i have, or maybe it was damaged... whatever i added a jumper between leg3 and leg2 and the problem is solved and the knob is working well.

aion

Oh my goodness. Yep, that trace is missing in the design files as well, so I can't blame the factory. Sorry you had to find that one! Literally the first time that's happened in over 30 PCB designs :(

I added extra instructions to the project page to call this out, and I'll send out an email as well. Do you mind if I use your photo of the jumper between the rivets?

aphextwin

Hey there aion, sure you can use the photo. We all need to help each others. Have a great day.