What I Am Up To...

Started by smallbearelec, October 19, 2015, 11:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallbearelec

with the new articles in Projects here: Clearly, a series of carefully documented, vetted builds of simple, familiar effects, geared to beginning builders. While I have done my best to encourage building in the Bare box #1, every article will include a "generic" build in a 125-B. While this approach makes the articles fairly long, I hope it broadens my audience to include people who are more comfortable with a traditional build. PCBs will be available for the Bare Box builds, starting with the Fuzz Face in a few weeks. I have been very pleased with the results from OSH Park, and I'm just waiting for another set of prototypes before making quantity.

Regards
SD

mth5044

OSH use a fab that makes great boards. I've never looked in to ordering in bulk though - are they still competitive when it comes to large quantities? I always assumed they were geared towards to low counters.

smallbearelec

Quote from: mth5044 on October 20, 2015, 03:42:16 AM
OSH use a fab that makes great boards. - are they still competitive when it comes to large quantities?

I'm going to have to price it out and compare with www.4pcb.com where I had been going. 4pcb requires gerber files, however.

italianguy63

Steve-- Check Elecrow.com for quantity pricing.. That is who I use, and they make good product at good cost.  Mark
I used to really be with it!  That is, until they changed what "it" is.  Now, I can't find it.  And, I'm scared!  --  Homer Simpson's dad

~arph

Quote from: smallbearelec on October 20, 2015, 08:36:20 AM
4pcb requires gerber files, however.

There is a script in eagle that produces gerbers, so that is not a problem.

LightSoundGeometry

Small bear build guides are second to none, even geoflex. both great. The store looks a lot better with more pictures and ad descriptions I have noticed recently. makes it easier to shop !