The Popping Brian May Treble Booster

Started by Elijah-Baley, October 20, 2015, 05:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elijah-Baley

Thank you. ;)
Maybe I do some test tomorrow.
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

Elijah-Baley

Perhaps I solve the popping!
I put with the test lead an 1M resistor on the footswitch, as unduction's suggestion.

Quote from: Elijah-Baley on October 20, 2015, 10:09:23 AM
So, in few words, and if I got, I can put the output pulldown resistor directly on the footswicth, from lug top right (output) to lug bottom center (ground). Of course I'll try it with the test leads, and see what happens.

It seems enough for stop the pop noise.

I wanna be sure. When I got it, I'll post the picture, inside and outside.

Thank you, PRR. I hope I have learnt something from your lessons.

Thanks a l
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»

Elijah-Baley

antonis

Well done..!!  :icon_wink:

but, maybe board's secure by only pot's lugs doesn't guarantee long and healthy life..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

Elijah-Baley

??? I know about the pot, it is my first attempt. It's been a bit hard solder it on the board.
The board doesn't move and I like it, but probably I'll never do it again.