Simple PT2399 delay circuit

Started by stfala, October 29, 2015, 08:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stfala

I am building a delay circuit based around the PT2399 example circuit on the datasheet that will have pretty simple features (delay time control at about 100-150ms, volume control).

I would like to replace the filters used in that circuit with an inverting op-amp filter at the input and output, instead of the passive filters; so the basic circuit layout would be input filter - coupling cap - PT2399 - coupling cap - output filter - output. I am not sure if I should use both low pass filter inputs and outputs or just one. Also, where would I connect pins 11 and 12 to in this case?
This is possibly a bit vague, i'll try and fire up a rough drawing later on.

Scruffie

The input and output filters aren't passive, they're multiple feedback filters so they already are what you want them to be.

Pin 16 is the inverting input, 15 the output (delay input) pin 14 is an inverting opamp output, pin 13 the input and pin 12 is the delay out.

antonis

Quote from: stfala on October 29, 2015, 08:11:35 AM
I would like to replace the filters used in that circuit with an inverting op-amp filter at the input and output, instead of the passive filters;

May I ask the reason for this.. ?

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

blackieNYC

you can change the filters as they are to be lighter or darker.
If you have it on the output you'll get less hiss, which I don't think is much of a problem with my usage of the 2399. You'll be filtering out the echoes of the brightness of the guitar. If you put it on the input you'll be filtering out the brightness of the guitar before the delay.  I don't know what that means.  breadboard. 
No delay adjustability?  I for one like it.  my delay is crazy with controls and switches.  I could use one stompswitch that changes a fixed resistor to give me 75ms, or 250ms and that's it.  I don't even need the feedback.
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

stfala

I see, I didn't understand fully that the internal op-amps were being used as filters! I thought these were just inputs for external filters. I just wanted to see if it could be done.I'll try building the standard circuit with resistor values for my desired delay time.
Cheers!