MXR Phase 90 how to troubleshoot?

Started by ronniedee, October 29, 2015, 11:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronniedee

My buddy bought an MXR 90 circuit board.  I helped him purchase the necessary components for the build.  I guided him throughout the process of installing the components on the board. As far as I can tell by the circuit diagram and the pictorial layout of the board,  the components are  installed  correctly.  I Also performed point to point checks with an ohm meter.

Unfortunatley, when switched out of bypass, NO OUTPUT  :(.

The MXR Phase 90 schematic is  broken down into 5 blocks:

• Power supply stage
  • Input Buffer
  • Phase Shifting Stage
  • LFO
  • Output Mixer Stage

I would appreciate any pointers on how to troubleshoot the problem. The only tools I have is a  multi-meter (would love to have an oscope). 

Is it possible to determine if there's output by breaking the connection of each functional block. Then with a  A multi-meter or plugging in the bass to determine if there is any output?

Link to circuit layout is here:
http://www.electrosmash.com/images/tech/phase-90/mxr-phase-90-script-logo-schematic-parts.png

R.G.

There is a stickie post that you have to skip over to get to the rest of the content here. It's titled "Debugging: what to do when it doesn't work".

It might be good to read that one.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.