Burns Buzzaround

Started by LightSoundGeometry, November 03, 2015, 02:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LightSoundGeometry

hello, just got done breadboarding my buzzaround and had a question about the Buzzaround voltages - I was reading in here the voltages and I think mine might be waaaay off but this thing rips like it is and sounds fantastic

q1 -5.55 but base is -7.94

q2 -5.55

q3 -6.92

blackieNYC

• SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

FuzzFanatic71

If it sounds fantastic, then build it. Then start on one that has the right voltages. My guess is you will end up with 2 awesome and different flavoured fuzz pedals. You can never have too much fuzz. Just my opinion.
Why won't this @$&$ing thing work?

LightSoundGeometry

I agree, now that I have some real fuzz under foot,  I am in love

going to box her up ..it sustains virtually forever

the leakage on Q1 is over 500uA (.53mA) .so there answers my question about leakage because its working just fine

Ben Lyman

Some food for thought, from Small Bear FAQ:
"Keen has noted that too much leakage makes suspect the long-term reliability of a device. How much is too much? My (Steve D) own spec has always been to reject any device that leaks more than 300 microamps at room temp."
"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai

LightSoundGeometry

Quote from: Ben Lyman on November 03, 2015, 07:37:26 PM
Some food for thought, from Small Bear FAQ:
"Keen has noted that too much leakage makes suspect the long-term reliability of a device. How much is too much? My (Steve D) own spec has always been to reject any device that leaks more than 300 microamps at room temp."

maybe I should ask small bear to send me a new Q1 in place of this one. I measured on a peak atlas

Ben Lyman

I think I read somewhere that up to 400 is ok but anything over is supposed to be suspect. Then again, I have no experience with this stuff. Maybe one of the more experienced builders on here has a story to share? Come on you can tell us, we're all friends here! Tell us about that pedal you built with the leaky tranny, and how it frizzle-fried a year later!  ;D
"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai