Author Topic: Wood finish enclosures  (Read 10529 times)

bluebunny

Re: Wood finish enclosures
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2017, 10:43:55 AM »
Stunning pedal, mate.  Nice story, too.
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

duck_arse

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2017, 10:45:10 AM »
thanks, Marc, the nephews are arguing as to "who should get it" now.

looking for a photo of the actual tree in action, I found more about dad's uses of. the thick scabby bark peels off in a sheet, and he was shaping it with some plactic'd wire to make stag horn holders. which he hung all around the house. now only one left.
".... the Victoria’s Secret of pedal underwear" - Phillip H
"Who?" - Steven Toast
"No way you cna go wrong" - Juan Wayne
is the duck allowed to walk along the top of the fence?

GiovannyS10

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2017, 08:21:09 PM »
back when we moved into this house in the 60's, there was a gum tree growing in the chook-yard, which blew down (the tree, not the chook house) in a storm sometime early 80's. it seems my old man had select logs "run through a saw", which were then left under the house to season, for what future use I don't know.

skip ahead to late last year, my sister is looking for woody things to throw out before the termites can eat them, and she finds the last usable sized log under the house. which I then rescue, saying you can't chuck that, I'll build something from it.

so I did - a Bosstone fuzz, Nashville version. here it is (sitting on the planks it was cut from), a chunk of gum stuck in a cut-down Horwood aluminium extrusion, oiled with turps and linseed, airbrushed w/ acrylics, styled by Larry and Mike of the "second style council". (undetectably wedged in three different places) it came out looking ok, if somewhat unspectacular, even sounds pretty good. if I was paid per fcuk-up, I'd be rich just from this one build.

those wishing to see the guts mess and some more pics can follow through to the imgur page.

http://imgur.com/a/o165x
Hey old Duck! Pretty build! Beautiful, really awesome!
That's all, Folks!

"You are too rude and nasty."
-ARSE, Duck.

» Gijo South-Hemi Handmaders «
www.instagram.com/gijofx | www.gijofx.com

Kipper4

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2017, 04:58:31 PM »
I see.
That is nice Stephen.
Love it.
Jellybean dodging since 2012.
Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

duck_arse

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2017, 10:49:13 AM »
thanks, kipper, and gio awesome.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:33:27 AM by duck_arse »
"Who?" - Steven Toast

pgorey

« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 09:09:12 PM »
That is a stunningly clean build!  Great job.  The attention to detail is spectacular.

duck_arse

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2017, 09:37:27 AM »
"what's the delay?" I hear you all scream. well it's the soffit, seeing as you asked. actually Merlin's small-time, but seeing as my slanty bend actually has a soffit, I called it "soffit".

I didn't even know what a soffit was until Sir Mike told me about them, and now I have one. the wood panels impart no acoustic properties, they cover the ends, glued on.

special thanks to the now disbanded first style council, who chose the brown over the green. oh, well, better luck next time fellas. extra special thanks to cozy, for the extra small parts, which took away my excuse for not being able to do it. now I have done it, I won't need to do it again.

and the delay pot works the correct way, turn clockwise equals longer delay. well, that's what I tell myself, anyway.

more picture, including the innards in progress, in the bukket:

http://imgur.com/a/841eP

[edit :] happy birthday Sir Mike.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:39:59 AM by duck_arse »
"Who?" - Steven Toast

vigilante397

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2017, 12:39:03 AM »
Good looking work Mr. Duck. I had heard of soffitts before but until your post I had no idea how to spell it :P
"I'm not sure what "serious design flaws" you see. Does it explode or poison your dog?" - PRR

"Tayda's Whipping Boy"

http://www.sushiboxfx.com

thermionix

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2017, 07:39:13 PM »
It's like a little bed for your knobs and such.  Wooden headboard and footboard, with a nice plush comforter.  Got a little 3-knob action going, and I think the footswitch just likes to watch.