Trying to mod a Nano series Small Stone

Started by Mark Hammer, December 21, 2015, 08:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

I'm trying to install a few mods to a friend's Nano Small Stone.  Unfortunately, the circuit resembles the Ross OTA-based phser in some ways, but is very different in others.  Anybody have a schematic for the LM13700-based unit that I could take a peek at and complete my mission?

Thanks

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Mark Hammer

Thank you sir.  You are a scholar and a gentleman.   :icon_biggrin:

pinkjimiphoton

good luck mark, i can't imagine trying to mod one of them.
i did a behringer small stone knock off with smd stuff about a year ago, it was a mega pia... but it worked!!
i "univibed" the values of the caps, but was never really happy with it so i gave it away.
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Mark Hammer

I modded a Behringer P90, and it was a pain, but feasible.  In this case, I'll have to install any toggle on the side, because there just isn't enough room for them to stick up.  I'll be sure to take pics and post them here.  Just so some folks can attempt it themselves.

Mark Hammer

Quote from: StephenGiles on December 22, 2015, 03:13:03 AM
Here you go Mark

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlaugyeituaq204/EHsmallst2.jpg?dl=0

Close, and almost a cigar.  This Nano uses a pair of TL2272 dual op-amps, instead of an LM324.  There's a good chance that the circuit is identical, given that both circuits use 4 op-amps, but it will take a bit of detective work to confirm it.