White lettering on coloured pedal

Started by no6h, December 21, 2015, 10:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beo

Quote from: Keppy on December 24, 2015, 05:22:54 PM
Quote from: Beo on December 22, 2015, 04:08:34 PM
I recently placed an order for decalpro supplies (dextrin transfer paper, toner reactive foils and carrier film). Their videos show some cool techniques for transferring color laser images, and using toner foil for white labels or white backing to bring out colors on dark backgrounds. The toner foil is also supposed to be excellent to fill in porous toner for acid etching. Haven't received it yet to give it a try.

I use DecalPro. I find all types of finish work to be finicky, but I get some good results with it.

So on this one, did you print purple color toner or print black toner and use purple transfer foil? If purple toner, did you use a white foil backing?

Keppy

"Electrons go where I tell them to go." - wavley

disto

Screen printing is worth a try. If you are in the US I saw this company http://www.teenyscreenies.com although I have not used them personally they do sell a custom screen for $24. If you only want to print lettering maybe you could get a screen made with  extra common words (volume, input, output etc) and you might get more use out of the screen. Sadly I haven't found a company like this in here the UK.

I did have a go at screen printing with a thermofax screen. Here is my attempt at printing white on a pedal.

There's a bit more info here http://distofx.co.uk/wp/?p=162. Whatever method you end up using, good luck and it would be great to see your results.

Dito

Sharpie Oil-Based Paint Marker:

Not nearly as professional as most of these others, but it's the personal touch that counts, right? Plus, it's my first pedal. I probably could have lettered it much more cleanly had I done it before installing all the hardware.

I guess my point is... if I have one... is that for as much as I love and respect the very professional-looking work, I also like the look that screams "I made this myself!"

-Dito
"All that's left of me is slight insanity / What's on the right, I don't know." - Sugar (Bob Mould), Hoover Dam