My Mom Passed Away

Started by smallbearelec, December 26, 2015, 11:25:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallbearelec

Dear Friends and Customers  in the FX Community--

I am sorry to have to tell you that my mother, Kay Assael Daniels, died peacefully last night. She was 91. We had known for a couple of weeks that she was in her last days, though the end came more quickly than we had expected or hoped for. With some good fortune and the help of modern air travel, almost all of our family from California and Israel made it to her bedside before she was gone.

She was much beloved, always the mainstay of our extended family. She cooked feasts at Thanksgiving and Passover until she was into her 80s and did her best to see that the cousins got to know each other growing up. Like many women of her generation, she worked full-time outside her home in addition to keeping house and raising children. She was a classic bookkeeper/office manager for several businesses before retiring in her late 50s. She returned to painting, which she had loved to do as a girl, and became an accomplished artist. Some of her work has been exhibited at local galleries, and her family has always been amazed at, and proud of, what she produced. We all have some of her pieces hanging in our homes. She loved Renoir, and the Impressionist influence shows clearly.

The words of "Eyshet Chayil", "A Woman Of Valor", in Proverbs, speak well of who she was:

"She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the law of lovingkindness is on her tongue. She looks well to the ways of her household, and eats not of the bread of idleness."

While the shop remains open, we will be observing Shiva, the traditional days of mourning, this week. Please wish us well living on, as we wish you all a most happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Steve, Judy and the staff of Small Bear

Ben Lyman

So sorry Steve, my condolences
"I like distortion and I like delay. There... I said it!"
                                                                          -S. Vai

Cozybuilder

Sad news, my condolences. She obviously did a fantastic job in raising her kids.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

blackieNYC

Condolences, Steve.
91-What a life!
  • SUPPORTER
http://29hourmusicpeople.bandcamp.com/
Tapflo filter, Gator, Magnus Modulus +,Meathead, 4049er,Great Destroyer,Scrambler+, para EQ, Azabache, two-loop mix/blend, Slow Gear, Phase Royal, Escobedo PWM, Uglyface, Jawari,Corruptor,Tri-Vibe,Battery Warmers

digi2t

Having lost my Father earlier this year, I can sympathize with your pain. Like your Mother, my Dad was the hub of the wheel we called "our family".

Our deepest condolences, and sincerest sympathies on your family's loss. Our thoughts are with you all.
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

greaser_au

Condolences from down under, Steve.

david

aron

Sorry for your loss. Deepest condolences.

stringsthings

Sorry about your loss Steve.   My dad passed away a few years ago, and it isn't quite the
same without him around.

amptramp

My condolences, Steve.  You can't really ask for a better life than what you have described - a good life of useful work, appreciated talent and keeping a family together.

mcknib

Sorry to hear that Steve my condolences to you and your family.

From your lovely description your Mom sounds like a lady I'd have liked to know

StephenGiles

So sorry to hear your sad news Steve, she sounds like a grand lady.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

bloxstompboxes

Sorry to here this Steve. Thankfully, she had a long life and family like you.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

GibsonGM

Sorry to hear this, Steve. :(  Lost my mom 2 years ago, it is a momentous and shaking experience for sure.

It's so nice to hear that she had such a long life, with a family that cared for her so much!  May your loss turn to happy memories soon as possible...I know they will, by the way you described her :) 
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

rumbletone

Condolences, Steve. Never easy to lose a parent, even if they had a long and wonderful life. Best wishes for the new year.

PRR

Mom will be in my thoughts.
  • SUPPORTER

Quackzed

nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!

MrStab

My utmost condolences, Steve.  It's never easy, but you never lose what strength they gave you.
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

Kipper4

Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

chuckd666

I know that feel. My grandmother died at 93 this year. Good innings!

stallik

My most sincere condolences for your loss
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein