News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

My first pedal

Started by Dito, December 27, 2015, 10:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dito

Hey all!

I'm a new member here (you can find my "about me" introduction over in the Lounge forum).

This was my first-ever build, based off a tutorial from Premier Guitar magazine. I've always enjoyed dabbling with electronics, but this is the most complicated thing I've built.

So I'm going to be a proud papa and show off. These are all clickable thumbnails, if you want to examine and critique my work in detail.  ;)

Circuit board (perf) hooked to breadboard - it works!

First-time wiring frustrations over, everything fits in the enclosure:

Sealed up and decorated (Sharpie paint markers FTW - I'll be neater next time):

And if you're really dedicated and want to see AND hear it in action, you can sit through 2 or three minutes of my fat-fingered testing here:

I named it "Lil Smokie" based on the overheated & shorted components (DC jack, footswitch) and lots of accidentally melted wire insulation that occurred during the n00b's first project.

All in all, I think it turned out pretty good. My gain pot is a little noisy. Not sure what's up with that, but it also underwent a few rounds of soldering and desoldering, so... yeah.

There ya go. A newbie's first project, completed and working!

Thanks for reading.

-Dito
"All that's left of me is slight insanity / What's on the right, I don't know." - Sugar (Bob Mould), Hoover Dam

Hatredman

Awesome!

Again, welcome to the forum.
Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

GiovannyS10

Very good pedal!  ;D
Continue like this. When i started i dont have where put my circuits... I used Sardine cans, Hahaha! You are so much better than me when started!

I liked your project. On the start is too much head pain and difficult too. But in the end, is very grateful the sensation to use your handmade pedal. :)
That's all, Folks!

"Are you on drugs?"
-ARSE, Duck.

www.instagram.com/allecto