F2B new approach - 1590BB enclosure

Started by gtudoran, December 15, 2015, 08:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtudoran

Had a little time to almost finish another tube project, this time we are talking about a modified version of the Alembic F2B preamp (you can till build the original version on the same board, as the modification we are talking about is just a buffered output).
I will post all the build documents soon, but you will have to keep in mind that the PCB is double sided. The heart of this is represented by my version of SMPS (the one that i'm using in all my tube projects).

Until then some sneak and peek behind the curtain.

Any comments and questions are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
DeX

gtudoran

Finally i've found some time to finish an old project. It's an Alembic F2B preamp with some modifications made - the output section can be build with or without HV FET buffer.
12AX7 tube @ 320V anode voltage ( using my version of SMPS ) in a 1590BB type enclosure.
Kits will be available soon, but for the moment 5 PCBs are available for who is interested in building one (and to answer to a question that i heard many times, yes all my kits are build by me first, this way i can be sure that everything is how it was designed).
This is unit No.001

Regards,
DeX

GodSaveMetal

Mr DEX!! great your enclosure, great your PCB; some points, the numbered in the PCB is the pins on the tube??? 12AX7/ECC83 ones?? THANKS a lot; congrats it´s great!!!!

gtudoran

@GodSaveMetal: Yes, the numbers on the PCB are the pin numbers of the 12AX7 tube.

Regards,
DeX

PS: Thank you a lot for your kind words.

gtudoran

And a small video clip - details in the video description