DD-6 TAP TEMPO MOD!!!

Started by Joey Jaws, January 04, 2016, 02:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey Jaws

As payment for an amp repair I did recently, I got an old Boss DD-6. I know a lot of people don't bother with these since they don't have a jack to use an external tap tempo, but since I already had a DL4 and a Carbon Copy, I didn't NEED this pedal. Thought It would be fun to try and mod a delay, so I made this thing...

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/joey_jaws1/media/c7287c3b-e4f7-4c84-b9cb-12668222c224_zpsuwtw89he.jpg.html?state=copy&sp=false

It works!

There is more progress that has been made to it, so if anyone wants to see what else I've done to it and how I did it, lemme know! If there's interest shown, I'll post more pics and details. (I haven't seen anyone do this before)

Hatredman

As I said on your other identical post, you MUST put pics and infos here, EVEN if there is no one interested. It's the law!
Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

Joey Jaws

Apologies for the lack of photos, the link didn't work. As I replied on my other post... I will update with pics and details when I get off work. Lol

Joey Jaws

So, the prototype is complete!

The unmarked box is two things. The left switch is a 3PDT, switches the LED and bypasses the DD-6. The switch on the right is a momentary SPST, used for tap tempo.

On the DD-6, I only made one modification. I disconnected the two wires from the stereo out jack, and connected the jack to the two points on the DD-6's foot switch.

How it works is probably common sense at this point. The delay goes into tap mode after holding the switch for 2 seconds or more. I leave it in tap mode, tap in, and use the bypass switch to turn it on and off.

Nothing groundbreaking, but I had fun [emoji1]