Tremulus Lune FP2009 PCB

Started by snufkin, January 06, 2016, 06:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snufkin

Hi all I'm finally building up a Tremulus Lune PCB I got from smallbear, it's marked tonepad/commonsound fp2009.

My question is, do the mods mentioned for the 2004 layout still stand for the 2009 ? (see below) and what about the components that have been illuminated are they not needed or are they to be added off board? any build docs or tips appreciated.

http://www.tonepad.com/project.asp?id=42
"In the Audio path:
Change the two 47k resistors to 220k.
Change trimpot to a 10k, you may want to use a panel mounted pot for easier adjustment instead.
Add a 330pF capacitor across opamp pins 6 and 7.

In the LFO:
Change 100ohm resistor to 2k7.
Change the 100uF cap to a 10uF."
easyface,phase 90,many fuzz faces,feedback looper,tremulus lune and so on soon to be ADA!

PRR

TonePad's PDF link is not working for me today.

47K to 220K is whatever. 47K is a fairly low impedance, 220K is a hair more hiss. ANYthing in that range is fine. Makes very little difference. Frankly if I had a heap of 123K resistors, that's what I would use.

The "trim" value really depends on the LDR and LED you use. Selection of LDRs is down, brightness of LEDs is up. Be prepared to try various values here.

100r in series with 11K of pot does not matter if you never turn the pot to the end, but may be silly-small relative to 11K max. 1K 2K 3K may be more reasonable stopper resistors. Again, if I was drowning in 1.2K, I would try one or two in series.

100uFd does look large. It may "stall" at maximum rate. The 100r -> 2.7K change does limit max rate. 100uFd -> 10uFd also allows higher rate. Perhaps lay-out with 10uFd at first, but with space to tack a 33uFd or a 100uFd across it, see what difference it makes.
  • SUPPORTER

snufkin

the issue is the board is different, and it's missing the on-board rate LED (from memory) gonna contact mike at Small Bear and see if they have any info on this rev
easyface,phase 90,many fuzz faces,feedback looper,tremulus lune and so on soon to be ADA!