Boss Super Chorus CH-1 problem

Started by coldbringer13, January 12, 2016, 09:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldbringer13

Greetings Everyone.  First time posting on the board and new to building.  I have a Super Chorus Ch-1 (later model - green PCB) that loses volume when on.  My question is where does one begin to look for faulty components? resistors, capacitors, etc?   my goal was to get this back up and running, perhaps try one of the mods out there and possibly recase the pedal.  My friend gave me the pedal he has a new one and I thought this would be good practice to understanding and troubleshooting pedal problems. 

Your help is much appreciated.

Govmnt_Lacky

Using the CH-1 as a starting point to learning how to repair or mod guitar pedals is like learning to swim in the Atlantic.

As for your questions, you begin to look for faulty parts on the PCB inside the pedal. A schematic of the pedal wouldn't hurt either...  8)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

digi2t

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on January 12, 2016, 11:30:54 AM
Using the CH-1 as a starting point to learning how to repair or mod guitar pedals is like learning to swim in the Atlantic.

As for your questions, you begin to look for faulty parts on the PCB inside the pedal. A schematic of the pedal wouldn't hurt either...  8)

I learned how to swim in the Atlantic. Myrtle Beach actually.  :icon_mrgreen:

No seriously... maybe North Atlantic. In January.  :icon_eek:
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

coldbringer13

I know it's like learning to swim in the North Atlantic in January but why not try.  I've got a schematic - are there any specific components to focus on?

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: coldbringer13 on January 12, 2016, 01:17:39 PM
I know it's like learning to swim in the North Atlantic in January but why not try. I've got a schematic - are there any specific components to focus on?

TIP: Linking the schematic you are using will help others to offer advice.

Are you seeing a volume drop on BOTH outputs? (Output A and B)
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'