lowpass filter into a fuzz

Started by phl, January 23, 2016, 01:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phl

HEy guys!

thats my first thread haha.
so my question is: i made a fuzz that sounds good and i want to put a simple lowpass filter to a box after the fuzz with one knob what controls the cutoff frequency. anybody has any idea for the schematic?

GibsonGM

Neat idea, Phl...and welcome! 

Why LPF, and not HP? Just want more wool to your tone?  Have you thought of adding a tone control to the output of the fuzz?  It would be simpler.  Your guitar tone control would do a similar thing...

Anyway, the schematic would be pretty simple, for a simple filter...R >> C to ground for the LPF,   C >> R to ground for HPF.   Output is taken at their junction.  Net search for "RC low pass filter" if you want a visual...also, search "stupidly wonderful tone control".   

The formula  to determine the cutoff frequency is:

Fco = 1/(2pi) R C      R in megohms if C is in microfarads... 
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

Mark Hammer

Look up the Stupidly Wonderful Tone Control,  whether original, 2 or 3.  It will do what you want.

digi2t

Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 23, 2016, 06:41:05 PM
Look up the Stupidly Wonderful Tone Control,  whether original, 2 or 3.  It will do what you want.

+1

Built one into my Superfuzz. Does the job quite well indeed.
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

garcho

from Tim Escobedo:

click on picture for link to his "circuit snippets" page
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

phl

Quote from: digi2t on January 23, 2016, 07:07:37 PM
Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 23, 2016, 06:41:05 PM

+1

Built one into my Superfuzz. Does the job quite well indeed.
thanks for the answers i will try this:

mainly because of the nicely drawn schematic