DIY Libraries for DipTrace

Started by vigilante397, January 27, 2016, 01:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigilante397

I have been a long time advocate of DipTrace, as I have tried Eagle, ExpressPCB, and Altium, and found DipTrace to be hands down the most user-friendly. Another huge selling point is that rullywow created some beautiful libraries specifically for stompbox PCB layouts, which makes it even easier to create layouts.

So now that I've finished my sales pitch (though to be clear I am not affiliated with DipTrace at all, I just love their software), it was brought to my attention recently (thanks Rob :) ) that all of the links hosting these libraries were bad. So I uploaded them again, because everyone should really have them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9622htc2f7ptq4d/rullywow%20diptrace%20library%203.25.15.zip?dl=0

I should also mention that I am not affiliated with rullywow (unfortunately :P ), I did not have any part in the making of these libraries, I just feel like everyone needs them ;D
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

deadastronaut

good man.... 8) 8) 8)

cheers nathan.. :) now i just need to organize the libs, learn it ...  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

bloxstompboxes

I already had this, thanks though, but I have a question. Is there a part in this library, or any other for diptrace, that is a 3pdt stompswitch. I have been unable to locate it and I want to make a 3pdt board that has some nifty features that I will be able to include on every pedal from now on.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

vigilante397

Quote from: bloxstompboxes on January 27, 2016, 04:49:01 PM
I already had this, thanks though, but I have a question. Is there a part in this library, or any other for diptrace, that is a 3pdt stompswitch. I have been unable to locate it and I want to make a 3pdt board that has some nifty features that I will be able to include on every pedal from now on.

There is a library specifically for switches that has a few different 3PDT footprints, including the common "3PDT Blue."
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

J0K3RX

You talkin bout these?

Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

bloxstompboxes

Quote from: J0K3RX on January 27, 2016, 05:15:03 PM

You talkin bout these?

Yes, thanks! Those look right jok3rx. Pad holes might be a little small but that can be adjusted if need be. Do you have a link? I'm trying t search the madbean forum but must be missing it somehow.

Floor-mat at the front entrance to my former place of employment. Oh... the irony.

J0K3RX

The link to the library that vigilante397 posted above has pretty much the same components as the madbean lib...
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

MrStab

damnit! i've spent the last year & a half painstakingly trawling through switch & pot datasheets to get the right measurements and just using pads and a square shape for the outline. ah well, these libraries will no doubt come in handy later.

cheers, Nathan!
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

vigilante397

Quote from: J0K3RX on January 27, 2016, 05:43:53 PM
The link to the library that vigilante397 posted above has pretty much the same components as the madbean lib...

They should be the exact ones. I saved the zip file that I downloaded from there thinking it might come in handy. And since the link on the madbean forums is no good anymore, I've put it up for any that might be looking for it.

Quote from: MrStab on January 27, 2016, 07:08:05 PM
damnit! i've spent the last year & a half painstakingly trawling through switch & pot datasheets to get the right measurements and just using pads and a square shape for the outline

Sorry mate :P I never went that far because I actually started using DipTrace because I found out these libraries already exist. Before that I was using Altium, which is about the most powerful and least intuitive CAD program I've ever used ::)

Again, huge thanks to rullywow (he's on this forum, isn't he?) for putting these all together.
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

bloxstompboxes

I found a switch whose part dimensions were close enough. I even drew up my board. Problem is, there are some space issues to work around.

ElectricDruid

Thanks, I hadn't seen these before.

+1 for Diptrace. Sensibly priced and about the only Schematic/PCB package that looks like it was written *after* the DOS era. Everything else looks like it's been ported from every system since the PET. And probably some of them have.

That said, RS's own effort (DesignSpark) gets some love - I haven't checked it out, since I'm happy with what I've got, but they're doing good stuff too, from the sounds of it.

T.