thank you small bear

Started by Fast Pistoleros, January 27, 2016, 03:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast Pistoleros

hello, an open letter to SB for outstanding customer service. thanks for making my order right.

#customerforlife

lapsteelman

Customer for life here as well. The service and knowledge there is amazing. I've never had a bad experience with them or the parts they carry.  Working up an order right now as a matter of fact.

Mark Hammer

I've had the honour and pleasure of watching the gang at SBE physically fill out orders.  Swell buncha people.  Part of the service level is the work climate and Steve's ethical model, but part is also the physical layout of the place.  EVERYBODY there works within about 15 feet of everybody else, which makes it easier and more likely for any snag to be solved collaboratively.

MrStab

+1. i live across the pond, but multiple times i've chosen Smallbear over a European supplier for the same parts because Smallbear delivers in almost half the time at a better price.
Recovered guitar player.
Electronics manufacturer.

garcho

i don't think many around here realize what an insignificant, obscure, drop-in-the-bucket niche DIY audio is; DIYSB is even one ring of purgatory deeper. to have Small Bear catering to us is a remarkable state of affairs.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

smallbearelec

Quote from: Mark Hammer on January 27, 2016, 06:04:35 PM
Part of the service level is...also the physical layout of the place.  EVERYBODY there works within about 15 feet of everybody else

This is a reminder of how communication breaks down as organizations get larger. We are still at a certain natural size at which all the bees (bears?) in the area can communicate directly. We are unlikely to grow exponentially, partly because I'm risk-averse (and getting older) and partly because of the insane cost of space here. I have gotten some more room on our floor for storage, but the "hub" that Mark saw will endure for a long while.

Quote from: garcho on January 27, 2016, 07:40:52 PM
...to have Small Bear catering to us is a remarkable state of affairs.

I think not so remarkable...Niche businesses catering to relatively small hobby markets have been around for ages. I think the difference, present-day, is that exponential advances in communications, financial services and shipping have made it possible for what would have been "cottage" businesses to grow into more serious enterprises.

Cozybuilder

Quote from: smallbearelec on January 28, 2016, 12:41:34 AM
I think not so remarkable...Niche businesses catering to relatively small hobby markets have been around for ages. I think the difference, present-day, is that exponential advances in communications, financial services and shipping have made it possible for what would have been "cottage" businesses to grow into more serious enterprises.

The combination of quality products, responsiveness to customers, personal integrity of the ownership and personnel, and reasonable pricing, are what will keep me as a Small Bear customer.
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

rumbletone

Small Bear is always my first choice - exemplary service. Never had an issue!

digi2t

There was a period of time that their shipping costs to Canada were out of reach for me, but that has improved enough for me to start ordering from them again. I don't know what changed, but....

THANK YOU!!!!               THANK YOU!!!!            THANK YOU!!!!              THANK YOU!!!!                  THANK YOU!!!!
Love the new website too.  :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

smallbearelec

Quote from: digi2t on January 29, 2016, 09:19:36 AM
There was a period of time that their shipping costs to Canada were out of reach for me, but that has improved enough for me to start ordering from them again. I don't know what changed

We started using a service called Shipstation. It consolidates packages going to particular countries in order to get discounted pricing from the USPS. Our experience with it has been good; it integrates with our shopping cart and, as you have experienced, it offers reasonable cross-border rates.

digi2t

Well, good on ya for that!! Let me tell you, there was a time there when your shipping to Canada was just nutso, especially for small orders. For the diy'er like me that would order on a per project basis, it was prohibitive. That's when I started ordering larger quantities from Hong Kong, but it sorta sucked, because your store has some great stuff that's tough to get elsewhere.

Anywho... great improvement. Won me back.  :icon_biggrin:
  • SUPPORTER
Dead End FX
http://www.deadendfx.com/

Asian Icemen rise again...
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903467

"My ears don't distinguish good from great.  It's a blessing, really." EBK

ElectricDruid

Another +1 for Small Bear from me.

My only problem is at my end, where customs slap a whole pile of random charges on incoming parcels from outside the EU. Since you can't find out how these charges are derived, you can't argue with them. And if you try, you don't get your parcel. Simple ransom, really. Pay up, and look pretty about it. The net result is ordering from the US isn't worth the effort mostly.

Which is a pity, because there's a few good stores over there I'd use more if I could.

Tom

smallbearelec

Quote from: ElectricDruid on January 29, 2016, 07:05:26 PM
at my end...customs slap a whole pile of random charges on incoming parcels from outside the EU...Simple ransom, really.

A minor political rant from the neo-liberal/libertarian/constitutionalist Right: High customs tariffs, VAT and income taxes are the ways in which the EU finances the "stuff" that keeps those who vote coming back to the polls. This is the same "stuff" that my fellow citizens here (even those who claim to be "Conservatives") very much continue to want. However, they have proven by their voting patterns that they don't want to pay for the "stuff" in direct, present taxes, so we continue to fund much of it with debt. Nobody can do that forever, as the Greeks and others have found out. For the moment, our (relatively) low customs tariffs and lack of a VAT help to keep SBE a fairly profitable, going concern. If this changes, you'll know.

Check your PMs, pls.

Fast Pistoleros

just an update on my transistor - she is amazing! lol  ..absolutely is a beast and has the most beautiful sound possible :)

here is my germanium booster using all small bear parts except the enclosure :