Fulltone Fat Boost Repair - FB-1 Rev2 guts shot needed

Started by ilcaccillo, January 28, 2016, 01:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilcaccillo

Hello,
if any of you fellow diyers has a Fat Boost Rev2 (tone pot middle, Gain 11 step Pot) could you please take a photo of the PCB.

I'm trying to fix one Fat Boost rev2, some component or components burned inside.
I guess it should be a Diode or a Capacitor, or even both.

I dont have a schematic for it and all the pics Ive seen online are from the Rev1 version (copy Jack Orman Mini Boost) the one with the tone pot on the right and with a normal pot instead of the later 11 steps pot.
So without this is really difficult to know what component burned, which value.

here are pics of my pedal:

thank you so much

ubersam

This looks similar to yours, I don't know what version it is though.

ilcaccillo

Thanks but
I Have that picture also and it's not the same circuit,
that is a picture o a FB-1 Rev1, look that both the pots are similar , they're normal pots, My pedal has an 11 steps Gain Pot that is soldered to the pcb with wires and not by its own lugs.

Although that pcb from REV1 was used for REV2 even though the circuit is different.

Check the resistors on top of the PCB. my board has some Suspended Bridge made with 3 resistors.

slacker

Ubersam's picture might be a different version but looking at it that part of the PCB is identical to yours so the destroyed part is a diode. It's obviously for reverse polarity protection so I'm guessing someone plugged in the wrong power supply and blew it up, which might mean other stuff is damaged as well.
Does the pedal still work?

ilcaccillo